Expand my Community achievements bar.

Easy possibility to add an assignment to existing one

Level 10

Hello,

Maybe I'm just missing something, but is there any easy possibility in Fusion to add an assignment to a task, if there is already someone assigned.

Using the Misc Action module with the action assign leads to the fact that any existing assignments will be overwritten.

So, from my current point of view I only see a solution in reading the collection of assignments and include them into the final assignment call. 

As my scenario is triggered by a watch event, which should start if a specific status is chosen, I do not see any possibility to access the collection directly without going the extra mile to use something like the Read related records module.

Perhaps someone has an idea to simplify this process.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lars

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi @lgaertner,

I believe that reading, rebuilding, and sending the amended assignments as you’ve outlined is the correct (and only) feasible approach.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

If you use the assign to Action, IIRC that doesn't overwrite the existing assignments, just adds new, but I'm going off memory so I could be wrong.

Level 10

Hi,

in my scenario unfortunately the original assignment is overwritten. But I will double check, if I made something wrong...

Community Advisor

Ah, well then I must be misremembering, sorry.

Level 10

Hi,

I have to correct my statement from yesterday:

Using the Misc Action module on the task with the action assign does overwrite the primary assigned but keeps all other assignments. So now I have to figure out a way to keep the primary assignee and add another...

Community Advisor

Did you try the assign multiple action?

Level 8

Hey Lars!

I had this same issue. The way to get around this is to use the Create module with Assignment as the object. Each assignment record has its own assignedToID, so all you need is the Task ID and you can add as many new assignments as needed without removing any existing assignments.

My new problem is the inverse. I need a way to remove all empty assignment records on a task after the appropriate users have been assigned. The struggle continues...

Level 8

Actually, I just figured it out. Removing the empty roles is just a simple delete record module. duh....