Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Configure a webhook for task status changes in WF

Level 3

Hi, I'm trying to create a WF fusion scenario that gets triggered whenever any task status changes to be completed in WF. Once the scenario gets the task details, it checks if there are documents associated with the task and if yes, it should upload the document to AEM assets folder. What would be the best possible way to achieve this? I'm trying to use webhook to get updates on task status changes but not sure how to configure it. Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello prachiz,

As you did not write, how you created the webhook, I would start from scratch:

Use the Adobe Workfront -> Watch Events module and create a webhook with
Record Type: Task

State: New State

Event filters: status Equals <status Key> (possibly CPL)

Exclude updates made by this connection - yes

Record Origin: Updated Records Only

This will trigger the Adobe Workfront Event Subscription API and do the work for you.

The status key can be found under Setup -> Project Preferences -> Statuses -> Tasks or under Groups -> <project group> -> Statuses -> Tasks.

So the parameters mean, that the Event listener / watcher checks for updated tasks and checks the values after the change (new State) for the status. If it is equal to the given key (e.g. CPL), the scenario goes on, if not, it does not run.

As you should check Exclude updates made by this connection to prevent letting the scenario going into a loop, make sure, that you use another user for your connection than the one you use when working in the Workfront UI and change the status of the task. 

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello prachiz,

As you did not write, how you created the webhook, I would start from scratch:

Use the Adobe Workfront -> Watch Events module and create a webhook with
Record Type: Task

State: New State

Event filters: status Equals <status Key> (possibly CPL)

Exclude updates made by this connection - yes

Record Origin: Updated Records Only

This will trigger the Adobe Workfront Event Subscription API and do the work for you.

The status key can be found under Setup -> Project Preferences -> Statuses -> Tasks or under Groups -> <project group> -> Statuses -> Tasks.

So the parameters mean, that the Event listener / watcher checks for updated tasks and checks the values after the change (new State) for the status. If it is equal to the given key (e.g. CPL), the scenario goes on, if not, it does not run.

As you should check Exclude updates made by this connection to prevent letting the scenario going into a loop, make sure, that you use another user for your connection than the one you use when working in the Workfront UI and change the status of the task. 

Regards

Lars

Level 3

Hi @lgaertner,

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I am now able to fetch the list of tasks with status update.