Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can Fusion Automate Project and Task Setup in Workfront Like This?

Level 3

Hello, fellow Fusion users!

I'm exploring how to automate our project setup in Workfront using Fusion and would appreciate your insights on the feasibility and potential challenges. Here’s what we aim to achieve:

1. Project Initiation: When a Marketing Lead submits a detailed Workfront request for various team resources (Email team, Web team, Creative team, etc.), Fusion generates a main project from a preconfigured template ("Project A").
  2. Team-Specific Projects: Fusion then automatically creates related team-specific projects (e.g., "Email: Project A", "Creative: Project A") using templates tailored to each team.
  3. Automated Task Fields: Within these templates, each task automatically populates the "Project#" field with the unique number from "Project A". The "Task Type" field is pre-set with values such as "team-centric" or "milestone".

I also included a table stating this in another way.

Our goal is to automate the creation of both the main and team-specific projects, ensuring every task references the "Project A" number for consistent tracking and reporting across all related projects.

I need to document our proposed automation for leadership before implementation, and I’m new to Fusion.  So I'd appreciate any insights or confirmation on whether Fusion can handle this level of automation, or any challenges you think we might encounter. I just want to avoid presenting something to leadership that Fusion is not capably of doing. If it can do it I am certain my team we can figure it out. 

Thanks for your help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 4

Seems pretty feasible to me. As long as the request contains everything to complete an execution and there are guardrails preventing bad input, everything proposed looks good to me. I haven't done too many large projects yet as I am still pretty new to Fusion but I am the only dev for my company. For the largest scenario I have created so far, I put a large emphasis on testing within the preview environment and dynamic case handling. One concern I would have for a scenario this large is how to handle it breaking halfway through the execution.

Level 3

@Lawson02 Thank you. I was hoping it could handle most tasks that are logical and unambiguous.