Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Anyone have examples of custom API calls to workfront proof?

Level 2

I oddly cannot find many examples showing the structure of the request. Confident I can figure out what I want to do once I see some working examples. Any examples are welcome!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

This is a simple example of how to get proof stages on a workflow using a custom API call.

2023-08-04_15-56-30.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

We use them more often than we use the built-in modules.  They're fairly simple once you learn how to use the API Explorer.  (I still use the older version at https://developer.workfront.com, but I know there's a newer one out there.)

Example:

Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 3.52.37 PM.png

Level 2

Can this module be used for manipulating proofs? Do you have an example where you'd check active proof stages, for example? 

Correct answer by
Level 3

This is a simple example of how to get proof stages on a workflow using a custom API call.

2023-08-04_15-56-30.png

Level 2

Thanks for this! I'm getting a 500 error when I do something similar on my end. I worry that means my company's IT dept has blocked access to the Proof API. Have you ever encountered that error code?

Level 4

Here's an example of a simple one. Yes, I got the 500 error when testing. What API call are you trying?

Level 2

I emulated your example and I no longer received the 500 error. I figured out that the XML module I was using has an advanced setting where you can strip out the "XML declaration." Once I did that, it works fine now. Curious and annoying, lol. Appreciate your help.