Expand my Community achievements bar.

Allow extension of time limit for executions (increase scenario MAXIMUM EXECUTION TIMEOUT) Workfront Fusion

Level 1
Please allow users to extend the 45 minutes max time for the execution of scenarios... I understand that it's good to have this limit in place as a default to save scenarios from looping. However, it would be very useful if it was possible to set this limit manually. It's a deal-breaker for us in regards to what we are trying to achieve with Adobe Workfront Fusion. The scenario we want to build requires more than 45 minutes, once in a while, and if we cannot allow for that, then we can't use Workfront.
Here's the error message we get when it happens:

• Execution was requested to stop
  • Execution was requested to stop because MAXIMUM EXECUTION TIMEOUT [40 minutes] had elapsed

How can i resolve this bug?

5 Replies

Level 5

I would firstly consider ways to make the processing more efficient. Secondly if it still takes longer than a single execution can run, you can likely break the work into smaller units that could be processed by successive executions.  Perhaps a data store could be useful as part of achieving this. 

Level 1

Thank you for the feedback @dcornwell , I have a search module(GET) that gets about 20k to 60k records

what would you recommend to do more efficient this module?

Thanks

module.png

Level 5

Hi @andcama. I would consider breaking your process into two scenarios. In scenario 1, get it to write all the search results into a data store. In scenario 2 have it scheduled to run every 5 minutes and pick up a subset of the records (say 5000) from the data store and process them. Then the next execution will pick up another 5000 and so-on until they're all done. If you need any help implementing we can assist on a consulting basis.

Workfront and Fusion are a powerful combination so it's well worth persisting with.

All the best.

Regards, David 

Level 1

Hi @dcornwell  

Thank you for your response, can I do that only on one scenario its because I cant break this scenario into 2,can you assist me?

Level 5

In my previous reply I assumed that your current scenario may have been running on a webhook but yes there are ways to combine it into one scenario.

How is your current scenario triggered? Could it be scheduled for every 5 mins? 

If it is scheduled for a longer interval there are ways to structure it so that only parts of it run at different times so you could definitely combine the current search module and new data store-based modules into the same scenario running every 5 mins.. 

If you need practical assistance implementing this or other Fusion solutions please reach out to me at dcornwell@leappoint.com and we can look at doing it as a consulting service. I work for LeapPoint...an Adobe partner.

All the best!