Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add a custom form to projects that meet certain criteria

Level 3

I am trying to add a custom form to projects that meet certain criteria. (Use case: I have some "admin" fields I don't want on an intake form. I want to add them later after the project is established.) 

I have gotten to the stage where I can update the Category ID field, but I can't figure out how to ADD a new form. I can overwrite the ID and put the form there. But that takes the existing intake form (and other forms) off the project. 

I have tried to set a variable, use a comma, use a green plus, use a NewLine, use a Space ... 

I am worried that the Category ID is actually a collection ID of some sort and I can't just add a form to it. 

Here's the error. The top code is the existing category ID and the bottom one is the code I am trying to add. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello Michael,

sometimes the Workfront API is a bit weird, as you do have the field categoryID as a string, but not an array under your project.

To add another custom form using Fusion, you can use the Misc Action module and choose the following:

Record Type: Project
Action: assignCategories
objID: <projectID>

objCode: PROJ

categoryIDs: IDs of the custom forms to add

lgaertner_0-1717743710598.png

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

I also realize I could solve this by adding it to templates. That might be the best route for now. But I still wonder about the issue because I can imagine use cases where I want to add a form to existing projects that use a variety of templates. 

Level 2

CategoryID is just the top most custom form. If you are only working with one form, replacing the categoryID can work. The collection of custom forms is stored in the advanced properties of a module. If you wanted to check if there is a form on this list you would need to go to collections and map objectCategories:category to get a list of all forms associated with the task/project.

Lawson02_1-1717775627745.png

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello Michael,

sometimes the Workfront API is a bit weird, as you do have the field categoryID as a string, but not an array under your project.

To add another custom form using Fusion, you can use the Misc Action module and choose the following:

Record Type: Project
Action: assignCategories
objID: <projectID>

objCode: PROJ

categoryIDs: IDs of the custom forms to add

lgaertner_0-1717743710598.png

Regards

Lars