Expand my Community achievements bar.

Feedback on the new Fusion UI design

Level 5

Cons:

• The fonts are relatively tiny -- I can't imagine this passes accessibility testing
  • The fonts look too "bold", in a manner where it feels like much of the UI is "screaming"
  • The text-vs-icon sizing is not proportional in a pleasing way
  • The new team selector location is taking up vertical real estate in the main content area as opposed to just being in the left nav where there is typically plenty of space

Pros:

• It's more stylistic than my own personal fashion sense

Relative to other functionality requests that I've seen (and made) in this forum, spending dev cycles on a style change like this feels like a questionable effort-to-value ratio.  I'm sure there is some reason for this, but it's really not obvious to the outsider at the moment.

11 Replies

Level 6

I attempted to switch back to the old UI (commenting on both the space-hogging menu sidebar and my momentary panic at the circle/X placeholders, in the folder view, for scenarios with less than 4 modules--I don't recall now what the old view was exactly, but for a few seconds I thought some of my modules had disappeared).

I got a 404 page not found error when clicking on the switch back button.  I currently have an open support ticket.  Clearing the cache/cookies for the site allows me to log back into Fusion (seeing the new UI), but I keep getting the error when trying to switch back to the old UI.

I also found documentation relating to the change (the legacy UI is apparently going away in August), but I knew nothing about the change until logging in today and seeing the new UI.

Level 9

I also don't recall seeing any communication about UI change until today. I couldn't see any of my scenarios for a bit and I also had a large panic moment. 

Level 6

Out of curiosity I logged into Fusion and tested the option to switch back to the old UI again.  It worked.  However, when I submitted feedback about new UI before making the switch, I got the error again.  It seems like I can only switch back to the old UI without giving feedback--it makes me wonder if they even got the feedback I submitted.

Level 5

As I mention in my reply, I'm the owner of our instance and we were told exactly nothing, apart from the blurb they had on the release page.

Level 6

I'm a SysAdmin but not the instance owner (someone in our IT department is).  I would expect all admins (and Fusion users) to get notice, but evidently none was sent.

I didn't know about the Admin Console migration either until the workshop held several weeks ago (April?).  I went into my company's open support tickets and found discussions/meetings about it started for us in January.  The initial notice was sent to several of our IT team members, random members from other teams, and, inexplicably, a couple of non-Admin temps on my team--but not to me or my team's other main Admin, and we're probably the heaviest Admin users in the company (our IT team didn't reach out to us either, but that's another story).

I also noticed one day earlier this week that templates were unavailable in Fusion (I kept getting an error message).  That must have been part of the prep for the UI changeover.

Level 5

Just a note: I restored the schedule on my scenario which stopped working correctly mid-week. I was going to do it the lazy way by restoring the version before I temporarily turned off the scheduling. When I tried to do that....there was no schedule. 

Here's where my mood is right now: I half expect Adobe to attempt to gaslight me with some sort of weird hypnosis, using the typical refrain: "There was never a schedule here! There was a never a schedule here! It's all your scenario! You never put a schedule here! It's not us it's youuuuuuuu...." 

Sooooo, if you had scheduled scenarios pre-new-UI, I'd check on them to ensure that their schedules are still in-tact. I can verify that a schedule that I established post-UI-change stayed put.

TGIF. Seriously.

-j

Level 6

I filed a support ticket regarding the 404 errors I get; it's being investigated, but the issue may stem from us only being partially migrated to the Admin Console (apparently our Fusion instance hasn't been migrated yet).

I do see there's now a toggle button to show/hide the sidebar menu in the new UI, so that's a positive sign that feedback is being incorporated.

Level 5

Using the full text search is also hinky. I'm used to putting my data into the field and hitting enter. Now, when you do this, the page reloads. Instead of hitting enter, you have to wait for the results to load. This is bug, not feature.

One thing I really wish they would have included with this UI update: When designing new complex scenarios, it would be nice for each path to be numbered to know the proper order. Using the magic wand to do this is annoying.

I want to off road a little bit: Did anyone from Adobe let you know that this was coming? I'm the platform owner and no one told me any of this.

• No one told us that Fusion was being added to our Adobe Admin Console. On Monday, I couldn't get into Fusion. Neither could my co-admin. I had to submit a ticket in order to find out that I wasn't added as an admin in the AAC.
  • No one told me that these UI changes were being made. I only discovered this ex-post facto by going to the releases page. (Usually this stuff appears as WF announcements, which didn't happen this week.)
  • There was a lot of weird system nonsense happening throughout the week. In hindsight, I'm assuming it had to do with these changes happening, but again, no one told us that maintenance was being done. 
    • Timed scenarios stopped working on the schedule set. They would activate two hours behind the times they were scheduled
    • For a short period of time, Search modules were not available for new scenarios.
    • When I reported these issues, of course, the first answer was "iTs NoT uS iT mUsT bE yOuR sCeNaRiOs" instead of "Oh, we're doing maintenance right now and there may be some issues here and there."

Under normal circumstances, I try to stay abreast on Fusion and WF updates. However, after 24.5, I spent two weeks in hell trying to figure out why custom forms were being removed from some of our documents. Suffice it to say, my bandwidth was limited.

Level 1
Cons:
  • execution history detail loads even slower than before, if ever. 
  • cannot right click and open execution history from the "history" view...weak

Pros:

• data store line item turning white when cursor hovers over it does make previous selection clicking much easier

Level 10

I like that the nav bar no longer overlaps the sub nav bar, big improvement there. Other than that it's meh. No complaints but not really better either.

Level 2

I do like that the DevTool is now part of it instead of having to instal the Chrome extension