Expand my Community achievements bar.

User Group Follow-up (Sep 29, 2020) - System Admin Best Practices

Employee

The purpose of this thread is to continue the conversation from the System Admin Best Practices User Group on September 29, 2020.

Many thanks to everyone who came to our virtual meetup! Special thanks to @Anthony Imgrund‚ from FCB for sharing his favorite Sys Admin life hacks!

A PDF of the presentation is attached to this discussion, and you can watch the recording here.

Share and tell time! What was the best thing you learned from the session? What is something you wish you’d known when you were a new System Admin?

Thanks again. If you have any feedback (good or bad), please don’t hesitate to reach out. You can find the schedule for all upcoming User Groups on the Events page on Workfront One (one.workfront.com/events).

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

25 Replies

Community Advisor

Someone reached out to me about the Custom Form and Custom Field Reports that I used so I thought I would share that info here as well. Neither report has a filter or a grouping and the view is detailed below. Both have prompts to narrow down the search when looking for something specific. I use the Parameter (Custom Field) report to look at the field options and compare similar fields. This also lets me see where a field is being used before I make an update or deprecate it. I use the Category (Custom Form) report to quickly see what fields are being used on a given form or to compare two forms. Hope this helps someone else!!

Parameter report:

• Field Name
  • Field Options

listdelimiter=<br/><br/>

listmethod=nested(parameterOptions).lists

name=Field Options Allowed

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=value

valueformat=HTML

• Field Type
  • Forms Used

descriptionkey=form.plural

displayname=Forms Used

namekey=form.plural

textmode=true

tile.name=component.custom.field.forms

usewidths=true

valuefield=customfieldforms

valueformat=HTML

viewalias=customfieldforms

• Last update Date
  • Last update Name

Category report:

• Form Type
  • Name
  • Description
  • Created By
  • Entry Date
  • Last Update Date
  • Last Update Name
  • Fields Used

descriptionkey=name

listdelimiter=<br/>

listmethod=nested(categoryParameters).lists

name=Fields Used

section=0

shortview=false

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=parameter:name

valueformat=HTML

• Shared With

Level 10

Hei @Monique Evans‚

Which type report you used for the above description? Could you help in that regard?

Mvh

Kundan.

Community Advisor

Hi Kundan,

Above I described two different reports. One is a Parameter report and the other is a Category report. You will have to scroll down the options when you select New Report since these are not part of the common 5 (project, task, hour, issue, user).

Hope that clears up any confusion 😀

Level 10

Thanks a lot @Monique Evans‚ 👍

Best regards,

Kundan

Employee

Hi everyone! Just a heads up that we've scheduled our next System Admin Best Practices User Group for January 19. Registration is open here:

https://workfront.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYkf-Cvrj0qHtNeyx4Zu9DBtq9VX93qdfBv

The topic is "Enablement." So how do you, as a System Admin, stay up to date on the latest and greatest from Workfront. Or how do you make sure your end users are enabled and up to speed.

To make this one a bit more fun, I was thinking of having 3 or 4 customers share their best tips before we break into group discussion. This can be your favorite System Admin "life hack", it can be a list of your top tips, or maybe even a list of things you wished you'd known as a new Admin.

Are you interested? Drop a note on this thread in Workfront one, or send me a message at usergroups@workfront.com.