Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

PSA: Filter and View Dashboards by Last Viewed Date

Community Advisor

It's been commonly requested for a long time that Workfront add a "Last Viewed Date" parameter for Dashboards to help identify abandoned dashboards. 

Typically, identifying abandoned dashboards has been done by making a Report report, filtering by the Report last viewed date, and including a collections column of Dashboards in the report's view. You can then assume that if a report hasn't been viewed in over a year, the dashboard(s) it appears on also haven't been viewed in over a year. This approach works fine, but it can be tedious because you have to look at the names of the dashboards in the view, then go manually search for and delete them one by one. 

The below approach is to instead create a Dashboard report, then use an EXISTS statement to only return dashboards that contain at least one report that hasn't been viewed in the indicated span of time. This allows you to bulk select and delete all the dashboards at once. 

Filter: (replace 1y with whatever timeframe you want, like 6m for six months.)

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=PRTBSC
EXISTS:a:internalSection:lastViewedDate=$$TODAY-1y
EXISTS:a:internalSection:lastViewedDate_Mod=lte
EXISTS:a:portalTabID=FIELD:ID

You can also include this column in your view to see the names of the reports in the dashboard and last viewed date of each report. At least one of the reports will have a last viewed date meeting the filter rule, so the report is not affected if the dashboard contains a shared report that is present on many dashboards and viewed often. 

displayname=Report Data
listdelimiter=<div>
listmethod=nested(portalTabSections).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({internalSection}.{name}," - ",{internalSection}.{lastViewedDate})
valueformat=HTML

Hopefully the above tips helps others with their housekeeping!

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf
0 Replies