Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project report based approval process and team membership

Level 2

Hi,

We manage projects which have to be approved by multiple product management teams inside a department. In general all projects can be viewed by the department (Group). During the approval, the teams are added to the approval path and only one team member has to approve the project.

Project 1
- Team 1

Project 2
- Team 2
- Team 3

Project 3
- Team 1
- Team 3

A user can be in multiple product management teams, which handle a subset of product.

User 1
-Team 1

User 2
-Team 2
-Team 3

User 2
-Team 1
-Team 3

We need create a report which shows all the projects which were approved by user or other team members. => Basically: Show me all the approved projects based on the team membership.

User 1
- sees all approved projects by Team 1

User 2
- sees all approved projects by Team 2 and 3

User 3
- sees all approved projects by Team 1 and 3

Basically the report would show the following projects to the individual users:

User 1
- Project 1
- Project 3

User 2
- Project 2
- Project 3

User 3
- Project 1
- Project 2
- Project 3

As I wasn't able to use the approval process in the text mode of the filter (throws errors), I tried to extract the team IDs into a separate custom text field "ApproverIDs" using Fusion (team IDs are separated by a space):

teamID1 teamID2 teamID3 teamID4 

In the report, I create filter like this:

DE:ApproverIDs=$$USER.teamIDs
DE:ApproverIDs_Mod=cicontains

However, the filter does not always correctly match.

Therefore my questions: If I used the wildcard teamIDs, is it matching (contains) each team idID separately or is it matching all team IDs at once?

As I have to show approved projects, I can't use the awaiting approvers (awaitingApprovalStepApproversMM) because the approval is already complete.

The field approverStrings contains the team name and not the team IDs.

I also thought about using the permissions, however as I mentioned above all users can view the projects.

Any tips or ideas?

Thanks

Patrick

0 Replies