Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Event Follow-up] Skill Exchange Aug ‘24: Resourcing Excellence: Customizing the Workload Balancer

Employee

If you have a follow-up question from the Skill Exchange session Resourcing Excellence: Customizing the Workload Balancer with Steven Enos from Liberty Mutual Insurance (@StevenEn) and Myka Bohnsack from Adobe (@MykaB) that originally aired on August 15, 2024, you’re in the right place!  

Leave your comment below and our speakers will do their best to reply. And if you see a question below that you know the answer to, don’t be shy! We’d love for you to answer from your own experience and perspective.  

Have questions about another Skill Exchange session? You can see the full list of discussion threads here. 

On-Demand Viewing - If you registered for the Skill Exchange, you will receive a follow-up email in the next week with a link to the on-demand session recordings. If you did not register for the event, have no fear, we'll be posting all the videos on Experience League in the next month. We’ll update this post when they're ready! 

5 Replies

Level 1

My team has issues with tasks that start and are due on the same day do not get accounted for in Resource Management. Is there a fix for this?

Level 3

Hi...for same day tasks, you need to make sure there is a number in Duration. 

If 0 is in the Duration the task will not show up on the Workload Balancer.

Level 2

If you edit a users resource capacity/availability, how do you preserve the historical capacity of user for retrospective reviews our resourcing?

Level 4

I don't believe this was covered during this session, but there are a few of our users who do a combination of project/task work and issue work, and issues seem to still have the default calculation of 8 hours per day. Is there going to be a fix for this? Is there a workaround? We'd love to be able to set default durations and hours for issues, so they don't throw off the resource planner numbers.

Thanks, btw, great session. Thank you @StevenEn @MykaB @KristinFarwell 

Level 2

I would also love this fix. I recommend that my users omit hours from requests in the Resourcing tools, but it would be helpful to include them without having to manually adjust them every time.