Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Course Discussion: Manage and close a project

Level 4

Use this thread to ask any questions related to the Manage and close a project course in Experience League. Experts are monitoring this thread to ensure your questions are answered.

2 Replies

Level 1

I was in the course Understand Basic Project Creation and was working my way down the left nav items.  In the section Take a Project Live, notification settings are brought (1:20 mark of this session:  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront-learn/tutorials-workfront/manage-work/projects/tak...).  Global notifications are in the left nav and and Personal settings (three dots).  How do you get the Notification setting in the left nav of a project?  What is the difference between the Global settings, personal settings and then the settings you can set up in a proof?  Is there a way to "set and forget" so your notifications are standard across projects?

Level 4

Good questions. At 1:22 you're looking at the Setup area. This is where system administrators can enable or disable global notification defaults. At 1:31 you're looking at your personal notification settings. You can edit your user to change these settings if you want. You will only see notification options here that have been turned on globally by a system administrator. This is where you can fine tune your notification settings to receive more or fewer email notifications depending on your needs. The settings in your user profile apply to all projects, and you can "set and forget" them. The only thing you can do on a per project basis is subscribe to be notified when someone posts a comment on the project.

Settings in a proof are totally separate and can be set to defaults in the Proofing area and then overridden on an individual proof, based on your permissions.