Expand my Community achievements bar.

Add on templates

Level 2

Hello!

I'm curious to learn more about add-on templates in workfront. I'm learning that more companies are starting to use add on templates.

I'm curious to see if anyone else is using it and would love to see some examples/best practices on how to use it!

2 Replies

Level 7

We use one which is a set of 4 tasks designed to assign artwork that is "Back in with changes"

Revise artwork and upload proof -> assigned to artist

Traffic project & assign to PM -> assigned to traffic coordinator

Review / manage PHQ approval -> project manager

Review changes & assign to artist -> Traffic coordinator

Level 7

I describe add-on templates as subprocesses that don't always happen with primary processes. As an example, we develop educational content for our customers. Sometimes we want these materials to be accredited for continuing education credit, which is a regulated process that includes an application and (hopefully) approval. We will use an add-on template to insert the steps for the CE application into our content development project.

Structurally, I would recommend that your add-on template's first task be a parent. The subsequent tasks would then be children tasks. This can make it easier to dump the add-on as a group.

A custom form on the parent task might help you measure and count the use of your add-on templates.