Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Manoj Kumar] Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion/Contextual thread for your Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentor, Manoj Kumar!

Manoj Kumar will be your dedicated mentor, providing valuable support and guidance on your Adobe Real-Time CDP queries as you upskill yourself and prepare for Real-Time CDP certification throughout the program.

Know your Mentor Manoj Kumar (aka @_Manoj_Kumar_   )

Manoj is a great contributor to Experience League communities, a CDP expert, and comes with a decade of experience. 

Aspirants mapped to Manoj Kumar

1) Amit Shinde aka @Amit_Shinde1 
2) Joyce Luey aka @JoyceLu1 
3) Hamish Moffatt aka @HamishMo 
4) Vaibhav Seth aka @vabs95 
5) Vinay Prasad aka @vprasad 
6) Priya Singh aka @PriyaSi1 
7) Ravi kiran Paturi aka @RavikiranPaturi 
Waden Greaux aka @thewadeng 
9) Sahil Ramrao Bhogekar aka @sramraobhogekar 
10) Somen Sarkar aka @somen-sarkar 
11) Bhanu Chander Pasala aka @Bhanu8562 
12) Michael Giddings aka @fondofhatsKey 

How to participate in the program

• Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor, Manoj , and fellow Aspirant peers.
  • Stand a chance to win the ‘Most Engaging Aspirant’ recognition from your mentor by participating in a weekly quiz.
  • Test your knowledge by replying to the unresolved questions in the Real-Time CDP and AEP community and tag your Mentor to get recognized as an ‘Exceptional Contributor’ by your mentor.
  • Stick to the schedule to cover one module/week and clear Adobe Real-Time CDP Certification during the program: July 15 – Aug 30

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot to stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program.
  • Introduce yourself to Manoj and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe DX stack. 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Real-Time Customer Data Platform Developer Expert certification (Exam ID: AD0-E605)
  • Stick to schedule and ensure you track your progress in the exam prep guide.
  • Test your learning by replying to weekly quiz by your mentor
  • Practice the modules by replying to unresolved queries in the AEP community & RTCDP Community and tag your mentor. 

Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and the Real-time CDP Community throughout the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

We wish you all the best as you embark on this learning experience!

49 Replies

Level 2

Hello @_Manoj_Kumar_ and everyone, 

My name is Waden, and I work as a Technical Consultant for Perficient. I am currently certified as an ACE in Adobe Analytics, and took up studying RT-CDP to broaden my knowledge of both AEP and the Adobe ecosystem. I look forward to studying with everyone throughout this cohort. Thank you!

Respectfully, 
@thewadeng 

Level 7

Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_  &  Everyone,

I am Somen Sarkar, a senior consultant at Credera. I currently work in Bengaluru, India. As a certified AEM architect, I have extensive experience in building digital content management systems. I’m also eager to cross-skill with other Adobe stacks to assist clients with consulting and implementation activities.

Thanks,

Somen Sarkar

Level 2

Hello everyone,

Vaibhav here. I am a Senior Consultant at Deloitte in Germany. I have around 6+ years of experience in AEM with 3 certifications. This is the first time I will be learning about AEP; therefore, I'm very much looking forward to this program and collaborating with all of you! 

Level 2

Hello Everyone,

Amit here. I am Lead Consultant in Capgemini in Melbourne. I have experience in Adobe Campaign Classic and Adobe Analytics. I am looking forward to learn and collaborating with you all. 

Level 2

Hello  @_Manoj_Kumar_ and everyone, 
I am Sahil Bhogekar, I work as an analyst at Deloitte USI. I have 2 years of experience in Adobe Analytics and I have completed Adobe Analytics developer expert Certification. 
looking forward to learn AEP along with you.

Thanks,

Sahil

Level 2

@NimashaJain  Thank you for your time spent on the kickoff call, getting us familiar with what to expect from the mentorship program and your guidance on getting certified. 
Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_ and Everyone, 

I am Ravi kiran Paturi, I go by just Ravi. I have been working as a solution consultant at NextRow Digital based out of Chicago. I have experience working on AAM, Target and AA. As an extension I am very excited to learn RTCDP and it's application as part of this mentorship program along with all of you. Am looking forward to discussions, brainstorming and engaging with each of you as we progress through the program.

Thanks,
Ravi

Level 7

Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_ ,

Is there any use case scenario and sample data which can be utilized for hands on while learning and going through different modules of AEP and RTCDP documentation ? eg:- Based on a scenario, translate RDBMS to AEP NoSQL data model, perform some segmentation and activate/use the audience for targeting specific personalization etc.

Thanks,

Somen

Community Advisor

@Amit_Shinde1  @JoyceLu1 @HamishMo  @vabs95 @vprasad  @PriyaSi1 @RavikiranPaturi @thewadeng @sramraobhogekar  @somen-sarkar @Bhanu8562  @fondofhatsKey 

We’re thrilled to welcome you to the Adobe RT CDP Developer Mentorship Program! It’s fantastic to see your interest and enthusiasm.

If you haven’t already, please confirm your participation by liking the thread posted by @NimashaJain 

To kick off our learning journey, @Anil_Umachigi  has organized the content into weekly modules:

• Week of July 22: Module 1 - Data Architecture
  • Week of July 29: Modules 2 & 3 - Real-Time Customer Profile & Data Ingestion
  • Week of Aug 2: Modules 4 & 5 - Segmentation & Activation
  • Week of Aug 11: Modules 6 & 7 - Governance & Administration

For detailed documentation on each module, please refer to the Exam Prep Guide available here.

I will follow up every week with a quiz and discuss any questions or doubts you might have on the topic.

Looking forward to a great learning experience together!

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Hello @_Manoj_Kumar_
As part of this program, will we be able to receive detailed notes that focuses more closely on exam specific topics similar to what is present in this thread?

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-discussions/%EF%B8%8F-mentor-jennif...

Thank you for your help. 

Respectfully, 
@thewadeng 

Community Advisor

Hello @thewadeng  The Exam prep guide covers all of that topic by topic.

https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/playScorm/697

Attached is the screenshot from exam guide:

_Manoj_Kumar__0-1721367251570.png

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_  and everyone, This is Bhanu. I am working as Marketing Technology Engineer focused on Adobe Analytics, Target and Tag Management Systems. I have only a basic idea of what AEP is, but looking to explore and expand my knowledge and get certified too from this program.

Community Advisor

Hello @Amit_Shinde1  @JoyceLu1 @HamishMo  @vabs95 @vprasad  @PriyaSi1 @RavikiranPaturi @thewadeng @sramraobhogekar  @somen-sarkar @Bhanu8562  @fondofhatsKey 

Just a reminder that tomorrow, I will be posting the questions of the week.

The questions will be based on the topics from Module 1

• Based on a scenario, translate RDBMS to RTCDP's NoSQL data model
  • Demonstrate best practices for modeling the Real-Time Customer Profile 
  • Design the identity strategy and relationships for modeling

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_ 

I have below queries regarding the Identity service, Real time profiles and profile syncing. Could you please help me on this?

1. Identity Service - how primary and secondary identities map the events/profiles and how can we identify which field is primary/secondary in Identity?
2. What are the ways we can validate a Real-Time Customer Profile after getting profiles from multiple datasets?
3. How Adobe Edge Network and real time customer Hub profile get synced? is hub profile is always get sync with edge profile?

Community Advisor

Hello @Amit_Shinde1 

Thanks for posting the questions on the thread.

1. Identity Service - how primary and secondary identities map the events/profiles and how can we identify which field is primary/secondary in Identity?

Lets break down this question in 2 parts. First is how to define Primary/Secondary identity - You can only define one primary identity while designing the schema and any other identity within in the same schema acts as secondary identity.

Refer to the screenshot below

_Manoj_Kumar__0-1721954525993.png

Loyalty Id is marked as Primary and you can have only one Primary identity in the schema. Any other identity will be secondary identity.

Second part: How identities map the profile/event data.

As long as the identity marked in profile/event schema matches the profile/event data will be mapped. For eg If you schema has Loyalty ID as Identity and the value is 123. If you have the same Loyalty ID declared in event schema and the values of event payload is 123. Then the event will be tried for the profile.

You can read more about identities on the documentation here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/identity/identity-and-profile#underst...

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

2. What are the ways we can validate a Real-Time Customer Profile after getting profiles from multiple datasets?

You can use Identity graph it tells how identities are added in a profile over time and which dataset is responsible for the identity match. 

Refer to screenshot below:

_Manoj_Kumar__1-1721954967469.png

This shows how many identities (yellow) are available in a profile. What datasets (green)  are responsible for this data. and the timeline highlighted in pink.  

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

3. How Adobe Edge Network and real time customer Hub profile get synced? is hub profile is always get sync with edge profile?

The Hub profile is synced with Edge by the Projection Worker Service but this process can take from 2 minutes to 2 hours (many be more). The synchronization between hub profiles and edge profiles is not always automatic, but it is facilitated by various services and mechanisms (Profile Lookup on Edge, Profile Export Behavior, User Activity Region and Location Hint Persistence ) within Adobe Experience Platform

Look at these documentation for understand more: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/profile/edge-profiles#:~:text=The%20f...

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/destinations/how-destinations-work/pr...

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/profile/edge-profiles#:~:text=Edge%20...

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/edge-network-server-api/location-hint...

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Hello @Amit_Shinde1

Let me try to answer your questions as best as I can:

1. With the Identity Service, you can generally determine how primary and secondary identities map to events/profiles by using the Union View schema, or by examining each schema to determine where the Primary Identity is. You can reference the identity documentation for schemas on how to use the Identity Map and Schema Editor to verify both primary and secondary identities. You can also reference a Profile-aligned ERD to determine which values are designated as primary and secondary identities. 
  2. When it comes to validating a Real-Time Customer Profile, you have a few options to choose from:
    1. You can manually pull the logs from which data is ingested for each identity and sort through how fragments are being added to each identity, and how it is added to each profile.
    2. You can retrieve data as it gets loaded into a batch set and manually validate everything through Data Prep, according to this documentation.
    3. You can use the lookup the Profile manually and see which data is coming in; you can also try to Monitor any dataflow from which data is being ingested to see that the right data is coming in.
  3. According to the documentation for Edge profiles in RT-CDP , the main service that handles this request is known as the Projection Worker Service, which monitors the hub for information and serves entity refresh updates. With streaming ingestion, this information is updated in real time, and is manually synced with your configured Edge network. 

Please note that this information was answered to the best of my ability and may not be accurate. Hopefully this answers your questions. 

Respectfully, 

@thewadeng