Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor David Barnes] Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion/Contextual thread for your Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentor, David Barnes!

David will be your dedicated mentor, providing valuable support and guidance on your Adobe Real-Time CDP queries as you upskill yourself and prepare for Real-Time CDP certification throughout the program.

Know your Mentor David Barnes (aka @DavidBarnes11 )

David Barnes is the business owner of Adobe Experience Platform RTCDP and Adobe Audience Manager DMP at U.S. Bank. After managing customer analytics at FIs for many years, he spent the last decade identifying MarTech opportunities and educating the marketing, business line, and compliance teams required to support those evolving digital capabilities. Recent focuses include post-cookie digital identity, CPRA privacy management, and delivering audiences at scale in AEP / RTCDP. In-depth AEP tool knowledge. Extensive practical experience regarding Adobe Experience Cloud suite delivery across platforms (AA, Target, AAM, AEP, ACM) plus external integrations (LiveRamp, Salesforce).

Aspirants mapped to David
1) Neelima Vijaya Bhaskari aka @KNeelimaVijaya 
2) Ramesh babu S aka @rameshbabusurisetty 
3) Santosh Sanal aka @santoshsa3 
4) Akanksha Kaushal aka @AkankshaKaushal 
5) Sayyam Dhingra aka @SayyamDh 
6) Farheen Shoeb aka @FarheenShoeb01 
7) Mohammed Shaji Ahmed aka @Mshaji 
Jallipalli Phani Kumar aka @PhaniJallipalli 
9) Gerry Bunker aka @Gerry9 
10) Erin Southerland aka @ErinSo2 
11) Trey Villagomez aka @treyvillagomez 
12) Joshua Thomas aka @JWT2012 

How to participate in the program

• Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor, David Barnes, and fellow Aspirant peers.
  • Stand a chance to win the ‘Most Engaging Aspirant’ recognition from your mentor by participating in a weekly quiz.
  • Test your knowledge by replying to the unresolved questions in the Real-Time CDP and AEP community and tag your Mentor to get recognized as an ‘Exceptional Contributor’ by your mentor.
  • Stick to the schedule to cover one module/week and clear Adobe Real-Time CDP Certification during the program: July 15 – Aug 30

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot to stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program.
  • Introduce yourself to David Barnes and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe DX stack. 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the  Adobe Real-Time CDP Business Practitioner Professional Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E602)
  • Stick to schedule and ensure you track your progress in the exam prep guide.
  • Test your learning by replying to weekly quiz by your mentor
  • Practice the modules by replying to unresolved queries in the AEP community & RTCDP Community and tag your mentor. 

Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and the Real-time CDP Community throughout the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

We wish you all the best as you embark on this learning experience!

51 Replies

Level 3

Hi Akanksha,

This recommendation may depend on your learning style but I recommend taking the practice test now even if you have not read all of the prep materials.  It is quick, there is no penalty and, like Erin said, taking the practice test helps some people focus on what Adobe wants you to remember.  You can get immediate feedback on each question if you choose that option.

I look forward to hearing more about your experience whenever you decide to take the practice test.

Thanks,

David

Level 1

Hi David, 

I have taken a practice exam but not scheduled the final exam. I am going back through some of the material to re-visit areas for improvement. 

Level 3

Hi Trey,

Thanks for the update.  Are there any specific areas where you have questions?   

David

Administrator

I hope you had great learning experience in the Mentor David thread! Here is some great news - 50% waive off Voucher!!

You have to submit your request here and you will have the chance of winning! Please fill out this form by August 19th, 2024

Best of luck!

-Nimasha

Level 1

While going through AEP integration with analytics, I saw documentation

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-learn/sites/integrations/experience-pl...

Learn the modern approach on how to integrate Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and Adobe Analytics using the Platform Web SDK.

I followed the steps , it seems that we are not directly integrating with analytics. It is through Launch extenstions.

Example seems to be working fine, I see events and evar variables.  AEP debugger doesn't see events or data in Analytics block, however they are avalable in AEP websdk. Is there anything I am missing,

However cant I see the events in analytics.

My questions on this

1. Is this the right approach? Can we extend this to target and other products?

2. How can I see the events in Analytics sections in aep debugger?

3. Any limitations to this approach

Level 3

Hi Mohammed,

I am not the Adobe Analytics or AEM expert at US Bank but I have some responses based on the AEP portion of your questions.  US Bank is migrating from using legacy Adobe tags to using WebSDK.  We will be integrating from Analytics to AEP using the Edge Datastream capability with WebSDK because that appears to be the only way to deliver real time site personalization using AEP.  

We have not discussed how we would return the Analytics data to Target via Edge Datastreams because we still have direct Analytics to Target integration using legacy tags like AT.js. As we test removing the legacy Adobe tags and replacing with WebSDK, we will address integrating Analytics data to Target.  AEP segments are delivered via the new AEP to Target V2 destination.

I do have a question regarding the documentation link you shared.  We are planning to migrate from eVars, props and events to XDM when we make this change.  I was a bit surprised under the Update Tag Property section that Adobe references eVar5, 6 & 7.  We are planning to utilize the standard XDM schemas like Web, Application, etc. instead of using the custom _experience schema.   This documentation implies that Adobe is recommending we continue using the custom eVars, etc.  I need to ask my team about that because migrating the data design will be a heavy lift.

Happy to discuss further if that would be helpful.

David

Level 3

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY!   I want to remind everyone that today is the last day to submit your 50% off voucher request.   I am assuming that most of you already took advantage of this but please do not forget.

Level 9

Looking at the practice sample test, it seems most of the questions are scenario based. This may be easy to answer if candidate is hands on in AEP and significantly used the apps over a period of time. For a beginner scenario based questions may be difficult to answer.  Are there any guidelines for tackling scenario based questions?

Level 3

Hi Mohammed,

When you say "scenario based", are you referring to questions like "A Software company allows products A & B to be sold as a bundle.... what segment logic would ....?"

I see those as logic problems like word problems on math exams.  I would just break them down into their logical structure and compare to the answer options.  In that case, they want prospects for a Bundle offer so you would find customers who have shown interest in A & B meaning interest in both parts of the Bundle.  

Is this what you were asking?  I do not see anything in the Prep guide for how to deal with these scenarios other than to apply that type of analysis.

Thanks, David

Level 9

yeah, this might require some analysis and hands on experience