Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor David Barnes] Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion/Contextual thread for your Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentor, David Barnes!

David will be your dedicated mentor, providing valuable support and guidance on your Adobe Real-Time CDP queries as you upskill yourself and prepare for Real-Time CDP certification throughout the program.

Know your Mentor David Barnes (aka @DavidBarnes11 )

David Barnes is the business owner of Adobe Experience Platform RTCDP and Adobe Audience Manager DMP at U.S. Bank. After managing customer analytics at FIs for many years, he spent the last decade identifying MarTech opportunities and educating the marketing, business line, and compliance teams required to support those evolving digital capabilities. Recent focuses include post-cookie digital identity, CPRA privacy management, and delivering audiences at scale in AEP / RTCDP. In-depth AEP tool knowledge. Extensive practical experience regarding Adobe Experience Cloud suite delivery across platforms (AA, Target, AAM, AEP, ACM) plus external integrations (LiveRamp, Salesforce).

Aspirants mapped to David
1) Neelima Vijaya Bhaskari aka @KNeelimaVijaya 
2) Ramesh babu S aka @rameshbabusurisetty 
3) Santosh Sanal aka @santoshsa3 
4) Akanksha Kaushal aka @AkankshaKaushal 
5) Sayyam Dhingra aka @SayyamDh 
6) Farheen Shoeb aka @FarheenShoeb01 
7) Mohammed Shaji Ahmed aka @Mshaji 
Jallipalli Phani Kumar aka @PhaniJallipalli 
9) Gerry Bunker aka @Gerry9 
10) Erin Southerland aka @ErinSo2 
11) Trey Villagomez aka @treyvillagomez 
12) Joshua Thomas aka @JWT2012 

How to participate in the program

• Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor, David Barnes, and fellow Aspirant peers.
  • Stand a chance to win the ‘Most Engaging Aspirant’ recognition from your mentor by participating in a weekly quiz.
  • Test your knowledge by replying to the unresolved questions in the Real-Time CDP and AEP community and tag your Mentor to get recognized as an ‘Exceptional Contributor’ by your mentor.
  • Stick to the schedule to cover one module/week and clear Adobe Real-Time CDP Certification during the program: July 15 – Aug 30

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot to stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program.
  • Introduce yourself to David Barnes and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe DX stack. 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the  Adobe Real-Time CDP Business Practitioner Professional Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E602)
  • Stick to schedule and ensure you track your progress in the exam prep guide.
  • Test your learning by replying to weekly quiz by your mentor
  • Practice the modules by replying to unresolved queries in the AEP community & RTCDP Community and tag your mentor. 

Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and the Real-time CDP Community throughout the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

We wish you all the best as you embark on this learning experience!

48 Replies

Level 3

Great to meet you, Erin.  I am a bit jealous based on my assumption that Dish has fewer privacy, risk and compliance barriers to using some of AEP / RT-CDP's more innovative features than U.S. Bank.  I look forward to learning more regarding your experience and use cases.

Thanks,

David

Level 3

Hi everyone,

Great to virtually meet all of you.  I will confess (and you can tell if you pulled up my profile) that I am new to Experience League Community.   Fortunately, I have been working closely with Adobe for years and meet with Adobe AEP support, engineering and product weekly to discuss US Bank's issues, roadmap and enhancement requests.  We are heavy users of AEP, RT-CDP, AJO and Offer Decisioning which is now a component of AJO.

Net is that I will be learning about Community as we interact, but I should be helpful related to the real-world application and challenges of AEP and RT CDP.

Finally, feel free to link with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-barnes-5284a513/

Thanks!

David

Level 2

Hi David,

It's a pleasure to connect with you! I'm excited to gather knowledge from your expertise and guidance.

My name is Akanksha Kaushal.  I have experience in Adobe Campaign for more than five years. I've been working with Adobe Analytics for the past year, and in order to increase my understanding of AEP, I began studying RT-CDP. I am looking forward to working with you on this program.

Level 3

Great to meet you, Akanksha.  I have the same question for you. Do you have a sandbox available for learning and testing?

I have never worked in Adobe Campaign but one of U.S. Bank's primary use cases was converting from Adobe Campaign to Offer Decisioning to support online banking and mobile app personalization.  I have worked closely with that team to understand the challenges of migrating from Campaign to ODE.  Again, I was not in the weeds of that migration but I can discuss some of the challenges you may have depending on your use cases.  

Thanks,

David

Level 2

Yes, I have access to the sandbox for testing and learning purposes.

Additionally, I do not currently use AEP or analytics with campaigns. I'm aiming to cross-skill with other Adobe stacks to assist clients with consulting and implementation activities.

Level 1

Hi @DavidBarnes11 ,

I'm Neelima Vijaya Bhaskari, currently working as a Marketing Automation Lead with a marketing agency. I bring over 9 years of experience with skills in Oracle Eloqua, Marketo, and Adobe Campaign. I am currently on maternity leave and would like to make use of this period to learn Adobe RT CDP. I'm new to Adobe RT CDP and eager to learn from you and excited to grow with all of you in this program.

Best regards,
Neelima

Level 3

Great to meet you, Neelima.  I look forward to working with you.  I am curious if you have access to an AEP sandbox for learning and for taking the test.

Thanks,

David

Level 3

Everyone,

I want to focus this thread on the certification for Real-Time CDP Business Practitioner.  We will open a 2nd thread for AEP related architecture and integration questions.   

Have you all begun the prep guide or taken a practice test?   I did confirm that you need access to an AEP sandbox to complete the certification.

As a reminder, section 1 of the prep guide focuses on:

1. Create segment and activate to destination
  2. Configure new destinations
  3. Apply concepts required to target identities in destinations
  4. Identify attribute mappings and scheduling of segments to destination

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the certification process.

Thanks,

David

Level 1

@DavidBarnes11 

I'm not quite clear on the instructions here. I'm not quite clear on where to find the Real Time CDP modules or how to create an AEP Sandbox. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gerry

Level 3

Hi Gerry,

Does this link work for you:Adobe Digital Experience Certification Program | Adobe Real-Time CDP Business Practitioner Professio...

NOTE: you are taking exam 602 if you start to see numbers instead of text.

I have a link to the practice exam but it is not working for me right now.  I will get that for you next week.

Thanks,

David

Level 3

Gerry,

Second question: do you have access to an AEP sandbox at your organization?

Thanks,

David

Level 1

Hi @DavidBarnes11 and Team

Its very nice to meet everyone. I'm hoping to learn a lot about RTCDP and AEP. I come from a house that is deeply invested in all things Adobe. Products like AEM for Cloud which includes Sites and AEM Screens. We also use Adobe Target and Adobe Analytics along with Adobe Campaign and soon to be AJO. I have 5 years experience with AEM, AA and Target and want to expand my skillset. I'm really looking forward to this program.

Thanks

Gerry

Level 3

Hi,

First, if I have missed any posts, please remind me. 

Second, I want to check in regarding how everyone is progressing.  Are you all working through the prep guide?  Any challenges or blockers?

Third, here is my first quiz question:

RTCDP MP24 Weekly Quiz

What is the time limit for events when mixing events and attributes in a streaming segment?  Handling this limit has been a significant challenge for our team.  Can you guess what channel is of most concern based on this limit?

Thanks,

David

Level 9

It is 24 hours, not sure about channel but I guess it will be mobile

Level 2

Hi David,
I am going the prep guide and its respective documentation. I do not have any queries as of now.

And to answer your quiz, the time limit for events when mixing events and attributes in a streaming segment is generally within a 24-hour window. Specifically, multiple events with a profile attribute are limited to the last 24 hours for streaming segmentation to function properly.  This limit can be particularly challenging for channels where user interactions are frequent and continuous, such as mobile apps. 

Level 3

Mohammed and Akanksha,

The 24-hour limit is a challenge for us in dotcom, mobile app and online banking.  We are trying to compensate by having two segments to support each required audience: the 24-hour streaming (or potentially Edge) segment and a 30 to 60 day batch segment for personalization after the first 24 hours.  Membership in either is used to target the appropriate experience.

Thank you both for responding so quickly and best of luck as you proceed through the prep guide.

David

Level 3

Hi All,

I want to check in with everyone.  It has been three weeks since this program started and I bet at least one of you has finished your certification.  Please let us know if you have.

I am curious how many of you have taken the practice test.   That was the most useful step for me so far because it helped me understand Adobe's focus for this certification.  I also realized that I over-analyzed most of the questions and thought too much about them.  Many of these are simple logic problems.  Others are just ways for Adobe to confirm that you know how to speak their language.

My ask of everyone is to share your status from this list:

1. Finished with Certification

2. Finished the Practice Exam but have not taken final test

3. Have not take the Practice Exam

Thanks!

David

Level 1

I'm at #2.  The practice test has helped show me what areas to drill down into to pass the exam.

Thanks,

Erin

Level 3

Hi Erin,

That is great.  I had the same experience.  Have you scheduled your exam?  Do you know when you plan to take it?

Thanks,

David

Level 1

Hi David,

I have not scheduled it yet, but my plan is to take it at the end of August!

Thanks,

Erin

Level 2

Hi David,

I am yet to complete the practice test. I am right now covering topic wise question and I will schedule the certification exam once I am done with the practice test.