Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Bryan Rekrut] Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024 week 2

Employee

Hello Everyone, 

I wanted to start a new thread for week 2.  

The quiz for this week is focused on data modeling.  Please fill in your answers in the text provided and I can provide feedback.  There is no wrong answer :-).

The quiz Adobe RTCDP Developer Quiz Week 2 is now available. Please be sure to submit it by Aug 2, 2024.
Thank you!

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=Wht7-jR7h0OUrtLBeN7O4Vct19xMORFIr_wUVkcQzLJUMzYw...

13 Replies

Level 2

Good day @brekrut !!

I am not able to access the form. It's giving permission error.

Level 2

Good morning. I'm unable to access the form either.

Employee

Hi @brekrut ,

I had submitted to the old link itself. Could you please confirm if you have my response?

Thanks,

Sameer

Level 2

Hi @brekrut, the form is currently showing as "This form is currently not accepting responses."

Separate question: Could you extend the quizzes to be available indefinitely, at least until the end of the mentorship program? Or post all questions separately outside the forms?

Would help us considerably when reviewing and re-reviewing the content in preparation for the exam.

Level 1

Completed form, could not follow question 4, would like to understand scenario better

Level 2

@brekrut sorry I was out on vacation last week in Saint Martin and didn't have access. I noticed this quiz was due on 8/2. Can I still access the quiz and provide a response this week once I get caught up?

Level 2

Thank you @brekrut I just completed and submitted the answers to the quiz.

Employee

Apologies for the delay in my response to this quiz.  

Here are is the answer key for the questions posted last week.

2) When reviewing the data model provided we can see there are numerous tables present.  Each table does have a one to many or one to one relationship.  These are the ideal scenarios when it comes to modeling for a customers B2C Adobe RTCDP implementation.  The namespaces within the datamodel are customerID (as this referrs back to a customer), loyaltyId (the reason for loyaltyId is because there is a 1:1 relationship).  If there was a many to 1 relationship between loyalty and customerId, using loyaltyId may not be a good option as this could lead to profile collapse.

As for the other tables: Hotels could be classified as a non-person entity as a customerID can check into a hotel at a specific time and they can favorite 1 or multiple hotels within their profile.  Ideally we would like to have attributes to resolve to a contact which we can expect some level of interaction.

Subscriptions and cart events are all actions performed by the customerId.  We would not treat these items as namespace, but would look to them as experience events.

3) XDM Classifications is next building block when designing schema in an Adobe RTCDP.  There three main classifications; record, experience, and lookup.  A record schema is used to collect information which is not changing often.  Experience schemas are schemas used to track events which have occurred at a point in time.  Lookup schemas can be used to describe objects on an individual level. With our case the hotels schema can be considered a lookup as this describes the hotel.

Customers and loyalty accounts could be considered record schemas as they have a 1:1 relationship and may not change that often.

The other tables subscriptions, cart events, and product events all happen at a point of time so using an experience schema could be a good option.

4) This question was a bit vague and I apologize.  Ideally we should use an experience event schema to capture product cart events, cart add/removal in to a specific schema.  This would allow us to capture customer transactional data from a digital commerce and or offline feed.

5) When it comes to timestamps for experience events, it is best to use 

an ISO 8601 timestamp of when the event occurred, formatted as per RFC 3339 Section 5.6. This timestamp must occur in the past, but must take place from 1970 onwards. See the section below on timestamps for best practices on the use of this field.

reference:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/xdm/classes/experienceevent#best-prac...