Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Testing Audience in AJO

Level 2

Hi,

I am working on activating a campaign in AJO. 

Q1. What would happen if I activate the campaign in UAT environment in AJO? Would it send to all the profiles in the audience?

Q2. Is there a way to check the audience to make sure it is correct before activating the campaign?

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi all,

Q1. What would happen if I activate the campaign in UAT environment in AJO? Would it send to all the profiles in the audience?

[David]: Yes, it will send comms to the profiles. But as you're doing you're testing in UAT, you can leverage Allow list feature

Q2. Is there a way to check the audience to make sure it is correct before activating the campaign?

[David]: you can check through the UI or use queries

AJO should not be used to check valididity of an email address and You should avoid to load all your prod data into UAT as AJO is subject to licensing. 

Non-production Sandbox should be used exclusively for development and testing with Non-production Profiles. Non-production Sandboxes support a volume of Non-production Engageable Profiles and Non-production Addressable Profiles up to 10% of Customer’s licensed Engageable Audience and Addressable Audience commitments. Non-production Profiles are provided in addition to Customer’s licensed Engageable Audience and Addressable Audience commitments. Customer is entitled to up to: (i) an Average Non-production Profile Richness of 75 kilobytes per authorized Non-production Addressable Profile and (ii) 1 Batch Segmentation Job per day per Non-production Sandbox.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

1) Yes, depending on the start dates - Also, take a look at this video https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/journey-optimizer/using/campaigns/get-started-with-campai... 

2) You can query the profile snapshot dataset for the respective audience Id to verify the correctness of the audience. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/dashboards/query#profile-attribute-da... 

Level 4

yes, but question is for validity of email address,  captured email could be invalid as well 

Level 4

Hi  

i would suggest to flow below 

- Use Test profile to have valid and invalid email addresses to test communication 

- i dont think you can validate all the profile Email validity upfront rather than assume it is valid comes from AEP data source 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi all,

[David]: Yes, it will send comms to the profiles. But as you're doing you're testing in UAT, you can leverage Allow list feature

[David]: you can check through the UI or use queries

AJO should not be used to check valididity of an email address and You should avoid to load all your prod data into UAT as AJO is subject to licensing. 

Non-production Sandbox should be used exclusively for development and testing with Non-production Profiles. Non-production Sandboxes support a volume of Non-production Engageable Profiles and Non-production Addressable Profiles up to 10% of Customer’s licensed Engageable Audience and Addressable Audience commitments. Non-production Profiles are provided in addition to Customer’s licensed Engageable Audience and Addressable Audience commitments. Customer is entitled to up to: (i) an Average Non-production Profile Richness of 75 kilobytes per authorized Non-production Addressable Profile and (ii) 1 Batch Segmentation Job per day per Non-production Sandbox.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni