Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 7th edition is out.
SOLVED

Sending on 1st, 3rd monday or 2nd,4th thurs of every month

Level 6

Hi there,

I have a campaign that needs to send out on every 1st & 3rd Monday, or 2nd & 4th Thurs of every month for another campaign.

I came across this post: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/journey-optimizer-questions/journey-to-send-an-emai... which has suggested couple solutions, of which both seem quite hardcoded. 2nd solution seems better, but wondering if that's bulletproof?

1) in(toDateOnly(now()),[toDateOnly("2024-01-15"),toDateOnly("2024-02-19"),toDateOnly("2024-03-18"),toDateOnly("2024-04-15"),toDateOnly("2024-05-20"),toDateOnly("2024-06-17")])

2) Use another condition to ensure it's the third monday by using the day part from now() function and by checking its > 14 and <=21

Are there other solutions?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@akwankl, 2nd option should work. For example, 1st Monday use the range >=1 and <=7 and 2nd Thursday use the range >7 and <=14. I haven't tried this other approach. This would be something to setup a separate data source/custom action in AJO that will make a GET request to an external application (API will host a small node.js function to check whether it's 1st Monday or not) that will return true or not.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@akwankl, 2nd option should work. For example, 1st Monday use the range >=1 and <=7 and 2nd Thursday use the range >7 and <=14. I haven't tried this other approach. This would be something to setup a separate data source/custom action in AJO that will make a GET request to an external application (API will host a small node.js function to check whether it's 1st Monday or not) that will return true or not.

Thanks, Sathees

Employee Advisor

Hi @akwankl we are working through planning for this type of schedule grainularity so that the need for expressions will no longer be required.