Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Send Emails only on weekdays

Level 2

Hi there,

Working with AJO here. 

We need to ensure that emails, as part of a Journey, are sent only from Monday to Friday. Profiles enter the Journey on a daily basis based on a rolling date. 
Ideally, we would like profiles to enter the Journey on Saturdays and Sundays as well, for them to be queued and processed on Monday.

Any hints on how to get it done in AJO? Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @mandarinooo 

use a condition to define your days then you'll have 2 wait activities (one for Sat and one for Sun) with the formula 

toDateTimeOnly(setHours(nowWithDelta(X, "days"), H))

X --> integer for days: 2 for entrances on Sat and 1 for entrances on Sun

H --> time you want to resume queue e.g 9 will be 9 AM your journey timezone

DavidKangni_0-1689862640565.png

DavidKangni_1-1689862959578.png

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Have a look at wait activity (right after start of your journey) in combination with a custom formula. 

I quickly checked and it seems there are no convenient functions available for your particular use case. May need some tinkering.

Level 2

Hi @maggod ,
Thank you for your suggestion. 
I had a look. I was hoping someone could share the custom formula that has been used to achieve the use case

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @mandarinooo 

use a condition to define your days then you'll have 2 wait activities (one for Sat and one for Sun) with the formula 

toDateTimeOnly(setHours(nowWithDelta(X, "days"), H))

X --> integer for days: 2 for entrances on Sat and 1 for entrances on Sun

H --> time you want to resume queue e.g 9 will be 9 AM your journey timezone

DavidKangni_0-1689862640565.png

DavidKangni_1-1689862959578.png

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Administrator

Hi @mandarinooo,

Was @DavidKangni's solution helpful to resolve your query? In case it was helpful, then kindly choose it as the 'Correct Reply'. If not and you still need more help, then do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa