Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 7th edition is out.
SOLVED

Rule to evaluate the priority or the ranking of an offer

Level 1

Hi all, 

In decision management, I try to create a decision rule  to evaluate the priority or the ranking value of an offer.

The goal is to filter offers with a score = 0

have tried without success :

• ( ... offer.characteristics.get("score").notEqualTo("0") ...
  • (... offer.characteristics.get("Prioritycore").notEqualTo("0") ...
  • (.... offer.Priority >0 ...
  • (... offer.ranking > 0 ...
  • (...  offer.Score > 0 ... 

How can I use  object "offers" or "ranking" in a rule ?  

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@PascalBa2 The offer decision engine automatically calculates the best offers suitable for a profile based on various parameters. If no suitable offer is found, a default offer will be fetched. I would like to understand the explicit need to filter out offers with a priority/ranking of zero. Could you please share more details about this use case?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@PascalBa2 The offer decision engine automatically calculates the best offers suitable for a profile based on various parameters. If no suitable offer is found, a default offer will be fetched. I would like to understand the explicit need to filter out offers with a priority/ranking of zero. Could you please share more details about this use case?

Level 1

Hi Anuhya, thank you for your answer.

We have over 100 active offers, more than 40 placements, and 4 client categories. Each offer has four attributes (segment1.Score, ..., segment4.score) attributes" and by default a "priority" field.
Offers covers a lot of different cases/placements and due to some specific business reasons we don't want to define default offers. Thus, we are trying to create a decision eligibility as :

If segment1.score = 0, then return score 0 -> ... offer.characteristics.get("segment1.score").notEqual("0") ... = this works well.

If "offer Priority" = 0, then return score 0 -> how to write this in a decision eligibility formula ?

Thank you.

Community Advisor

Could you please share screenshots of the eligibility rule code and sample offer with 4 attributes (segment1.Score, ..., segment4.score)? Usually, the ranking formula is where the score can be programmed. I would like to understand whether the code refers to the eligibility rule or the ranking formula.

However, the fallback offer will be displayed even though the main offer is restricted based on the score.

Try to think of different ways to not show an offer using personalization.

For example, only display the offer if the user is part of a specific audience.

Additionally, if the offer contains a specific string value, hide the offer display.

Screenshot 2024-07-02 195802.png

Community Advisor

Hi @PascalBa2 ,

Ranking formulas are expressed in PQL syntax

But as @Anuhya-Y said, fallback offer will display if the customer is not eligible.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni