Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Push Opt-in/out dataset

Level 6

Hi there,

Just have a few questions on Push notification opt-in/opt out. The only way customers can opt out of push notifications on our app is if they directly configure the settings on their phone devices (not within the app). So if we were to launch a AJO journey, is there a need to have a segment/condition to filter to those who opted-in to push, or basically just send to all and as long as the feedbackstatus is not bounce/error, it would be sending to all those who opted-in?

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@akwankl To send a push notification to a profile, it’s a good practice to collect their explicit consent first and map to the consent and preferences field group to collect the channel-level consent and use that in the audience conditions. For push notifications, granting consent generates a push token (also called a device token) that is stored on an AEP profile. 
Push notification consent is also collected separately from email and SMS consent. If you have consent for a different channel, that does not mean that you can send push notifications to that contact until they specifically opt in to receive push notifications.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@akwankl To send a push notification to a profile, it’s a good practice to collect their explicit consent first and map to the consent and preferences field group to collect the channel-level consent and use that in the audience conditions. For push notifications, granting consent generates a push token (also called a device token) that is stored on an AEP profile. 
Push notification consent is also collected separately from email and SMS consent. If you have consent for a different channel, that does not mean that you can send push notifications to that contact until they specifically opt in to receive push notifications.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 6

Hi @SatheeskannaK,

If a customer turns of push notification for our app from their phone, would there be an indicator in the push profile? For example, would denylisted = true, or push token would disappear from the profile? How fast does that happen?

Thanks.

Community Advisor

@akwankl Using AEP mobile SDK it should happen in real-time and take a look at this documentation for a couple of reasons when the denylisted attribute is getting set at a profile. 

Thanks, Sathees

Level 6

Hi @SatheeskannaK

I have been doing a few testing by uninstalling and installing the app on my device. I noticed that my old ECID & push token from my first installation is still in my profile. Are they supposed to deleted or they should have denylisted = true, and will they be removed?

Thanks. 

Community Advisor

@akwankl It will not get removed. But it should be set to denylisted=true when you turn off the receive push notifications in the app. If it's not happening check with AEP mobile SDK implementation team on this.

Thanks, Sathees