Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 1st October at 8 am PT with Journey Optimizer experts Amarnath Vannarath, Ariel Sultan, Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.

Profile reminder email to profiles

Level 2

Hi,

I have a use case where I have to send a re-purchase reminder email to profile after 7 days of the first purchase. If there profile purchases before 7 days, I will not send them a reminder to purchase, instead I will send them reminder 7 days after the new purchase date, and this goes on loop. 

Case 1: They make a purchase within 7 days, we will not send a reminder and profile will reenter the journey as a new purchase date

Case 2: They do not make a purchase within 7 days, we will send them a reminder.

If I use a wait activity for 7 days, what would happen if a profile purchases during these 7 days? I guess it won't be able to enter the journey with the new purchase date?

So finally reminder will only be send if they do no repurchase within 7 days of the previous purchase. Please help me understand how can I plan a journey for this use case.

TIA

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @AJOGeek , If you use a Wait Activity for 7 days and the profile makes a new purchase during those 7 days, the profile can re-enter the journey with the new purchase date (if re-entry is allowed). You must configure the journey to handle re-entry, and the journey should cancel the pending reminder if they make a new purchase.

Hi Pradeep, thank you so much for the response! But as per the Adobe documentation, a profile cannot enter a journey even with reenter enabled if it is already in the journey. 

Is it not applicable in the above case?

Community Advisor

Hello @AJOGeek  You can create an Audience to see if they made a purchase within 7 days and then use that audience to send an email.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Hi Manoj, thank you for your response! How would you suggest to check the first purchase?

Are you recommending me to create a segmentation journey where purchase event 1-> Order placed, and purchase event 2->no order placed in last 7 days? and use this audience to trigger the journey?

Community Advisor

Hi @AJOGeek 

With your use case, there is a risk of overlap because of the 7 days between the two touchpoints.

At high level, I’m seeing 2 approaches:

first: use 2 journeys. Journey 1 will send the first email and the journey 2 will send the reminder. Cons here is the multiple entrances in the journey 2 if you’re planning to use contextual data from the first purchase. Otherwise just use read audience and send every day

second: use 2 journeys journey 1 will send the first email and journey 2 will send the reminder by using data prepped using data distiller.

cons: heavy sql manipulation but you won’t miss multi entrances as you will control your data. One more thing data distiller is a paid add-on and it requires AJO ultimate license.

thanks,

david 

David Kangni

Level 2

Hi David, to provide more context to you on the use case, if a user buys certain SKU today, but he does not buy the same SKU again in 7 days, I will send them a reminder on the 8th day. But he buys within 7 days, I will send them a reminder.

Community Advisor

@AJOGeek 

Can you create an audience with the latest purchase date/order date less than 7 days from the current date and use the audience in a journey to send reminder purchase mail?

Level 2

Hey Anuhya, Thank you so much for the response. But what if the purchase is done by a profile within 7 days while I wait.

This is my problem statement: If a user buys certain SKU today, but he does not buy the same SKU again in 7 days, I will send them a reminder on the 8th day. But he buys within 7 days, I will send them a reminder.

Community Advisor

@AJOGeek 

There is no wait activity on the journey level. At audience level check if the current date is greater than 7 days from the last purchase date. If anyone is eligible, send a reminder email on the current date.

However the use case is specific to each SKU and it’s purchase date.. so you need to use data distiller to filter profiles as per SKU-and purchase date logic, and schedule the query to update the audience every day  and send reminder emails.