Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 7th edition is out.

Offer capping not working for email placements

Level 2

Hello everyone!

I'm facing some challenges in using an offer in several channels/placements including the email placement.

The idea is to have three different offers that all have placements in multiple channels. These offers are on different priority and with a capping of 2 per day with decision event as capping event across all placements.

I assumed that any two decision events for the same offer, regardless of placement in any channel would cap that offer and subsequently show the next offer in the priority. This has not been the case for the email channel and its placements as it does not recognize any offer capping and is always showing the offer with the highest priority. This means that the same offer being shown twice in the email placement or in the other placements for the offer won't have any effect on the capping logic for the email placement. I have tested both Campaigns and Journeys to send out emails with the offer decision included.

Has anyone encountered similar challenges related to offer capping in any email placement?

Best regards,
Mikael

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@Mikael_Strangnefjord 

if a higher priority offer is shown and the capping for that offer is reached, the next eligible offer with a lower priority will be displayed. I have tested it, working as expected.

However, debugging offer selection logic can be challenging when using multiple offers, collections, decision scopes, etc. It's difficult to pinpoint which rule (priority, capping, segment, etc.) is applied to a specific offer.

Recommendation:

Start by testing capping functionality with a simple scenario:

• 3 offers
  • 1 collection
  • 1 placement
  • 1 decision scope
  • Test journey with an email channel

Once capping works as expected in this simplified way, then gradually  add more complexity by introducing additional placements, decision scopes, and channels. Do share your findings.

Level 2

@Anuhya-Y 

Thanks for your swift reply.

I have tried testing as per your suggestion but I can't make it work. I will investigate it further and share the results.

Br,

Mikael

Administrator

Hi @Mikael_Strangnefjord,

Were you able to resolve this query with the given solution? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa