Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 7th edition is out.

modular journeys - best practice

Level 3

How does using Schema attribute & flags and modular journeys with segment-based triggers compare to using a single AJO journey with wait activities in terms of performance, non-functional requirements (NFRs), and Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) internal working best practices? Suggestions please.

Think of a simple use case: New Account Onboarding Journey

○ Objective: Guide new customers through the process of setting up their new bank accounts.

○ Key Steps: Welcome email, account setup guide, document submission reminders, first transaction encouragement.

For example:

1. Create the Main Journey:
    • Login to Adobe Journey Optimizer.
    • Navigate to the "Journeys" section and create a new journey named "New Account Onboarding Main Journey."
  1. Configure Read Audience Activity:
    • Select the "Read Audience" activity as the journey trigger.
    • Configure the data source (AEP or CRM).
    • Enable the "Incremental Read" option.
    • Set the read frequency to daily.
  1. Create and Configure Segments:
    • Navigate to the "Segments" section in Adobe Experience Platform.
    • Create segments based on the attribute flags.
  1. Define Modular Journeys:
    • Create separate journeys for each email step (Welcome Email, Account Setup Guide Email, Document Submission Reminder Email, First Transaction Encouragement Email).
    • Each journey should trigger based on segment qualification.
  1. Attribute Change Triggers:
    • Configure each modular journey to trigger based on segment qualifications.
    • Ensure each journey updates the relevant attribute flags upon completion of its action.
1 Reply

Community Advisor

@Sahil11 For the given use case, I would suggest going with one journey with multiple touchpoints with wait times to communicate about the Welcome email, account setup guide, document submission reminders, and first transaction encouragement. I believe at least you would for a day between each touchpoint. It will be easier to orchestrate the journey in this way rather than separating out. Also, maintenance perspective it would be much easier to handle at a single journey level rather than handling multiple journeys.

Thanks, Sathees