Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Message publication fails if I use an external unsubscription link with dynamic query parameters

Level 2

Hello all,
Despite AJO offers the possibility to use External Opt-Out/Unsubscription link, if I add functions (or even just profile attributes) to the URL, I'm allowed to save the message (html validation is ok) but publication fails as shown below.

Expression:
https://mywebsite/{%= profile.locale %}/unsubscribe_newsletter?id={%= profile.personID %}&service=NL

salvatore_dange_0-1655107489820.png

Did you face the same issue?
Do you know how to avoid this error and publish correctly the message? Maybe the escape of some chars might help?

Thank you,
Salvatore

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @salvatore_dange 

What I have seen is you can't the message when you are using variables that are not available in the profile or context of the event.

You will have to make sure the variable code is from the profile or the event context. Also, there should be any space between the variable name and the closing brackets.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @salvatore_dange 

What I have seen is you can't the message when you are using variables that are not available in the profile or context of the event.

You will have to make sure the variable code is from the profile or the event context. Also, there should be any space between the variable name and the closing brackets.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn