Expand my Community achievements bar.

Making a Custom Class Schema Available to a Condition during Journey Building

Level 2

I am in a bit of a time crunch so would really appreciate any help.

Scenario: want to have data with 2 attributes "location" and a "set of dates associated with that location" be available in journey building conditions.

This data is not profile data, nor event data, but I need it to be available in my journey, depending on my user's location, so I can make conditions using it.

How can I go about doing this?

Note: Also, I can have this type of data stored anywhere, doesn't necessarily need to be in a schema, but I just need it accessible in my conditions.

I've tried creating a lookup schema, but I am not able to make a data source out of this schema as it is not built using profile/event (out of the box) classes; it is built using a custom class.

Any way to get this type of data be available to my conditions?

I don't mind work arounds if this specific functionality is not available. Any and all help is appreciated

7 Replies

Level 2

I will take a look at this right now! Thank you!

Another thing I wanted to ask in relation to this question is, is it possible to call the Query Service API from within a journey to run a query on a dataset and use the returned value inside of a journey condition?

Community Advisor

@jm_11 I believe it is not possible.

other workaround is ,  use query service and transform data as required and save results in dataset which is profile enabled. So that data would be available at profile level in journey.

Level 2

I will go through both these solutions and give it a shot and post back here

Level 2

@Anuhya-Y  So I looked into the enriching of audience segementation, but it seems like even if I enrich an audience, the data with which I enrich the audeince will only be acessible for personalization in communication, rather than the conditions in AJO.

I need this data to be accessible for purposes of making conditions from it.

I will attempt the second solution now Are there any other thoughts that pop to mind for this?

Community Advisor

@jm_11 

If the location data can be pulled from third-party system, External data sources funtinality can be used .

Check out https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/configuration/configure-journeys/dat...

This can be done in custom action as well but this feature is in beta phase, reach out to Adobe if youa re planning to use GET method in custom action

Check out  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/configuration/configure-journeys/act...