Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.

List containers empty ( Decision Management API)

Level 1

I am following the tutorial but I can get any container using this curl

curl -X GET \
'https://platform.adobe.io/data/core/xcore/?product=acp&property=_instance.containerType==decisioning' \
-H 'Authorization: Bearer {ACCESS_TOKEN}' \
-H 'x-api-key: {API_KEY}' \
-H 'x-gw-ims-org-id: {IMS_ORG}' \
-H 'x-sandbox-name: {SANDBOX_NAME}'

I get not instances and I can not continue.

{
    "_embedded": {
    },
    "_links": {
        "self": {
            "href""/?product=acp&property=_instance.containerType==decisioning",
            "@type""https://ns.adobe.com/experience/xcore/hal/home"
        }
    }
}

Is a question of permisions??

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

@javierGarcés ,

It's possible that the issue is related to permissions. Make sure that the access token you are using has the necessary permissions to access Adobe Journey Optimizer resources.

Additionally, check that you have correctly replaced the placeholders {ACCESS_TOKEN}, {API_KEY}, {IMS_ORG}, and {SANDBOX_NAME} with the actual values. You can obtain the values for these placeholders.

If you have verified that the access token has the necessary permissions and that the placeholders are correctly replaced, but you are still not getting any instances, then it's possible that there are no instances of the container type "decisioning" in your organization. You can try creating a container of that type to see if it appears in the response.

Level 1

Two adicional questions come with your response and also a big thank you.

A part from product profiles on the API where else can I grant permissions to the token?

How to create a container. Is there any documentation?

Employee Advisor

@javiergarces ,

To grant permissions to a token in Adobe Experience Platform, you can do so at the following levels:

1. Organization level: You can grant permissions to the token at the organization level, which applies to all products and services within that organization. To do this, go to the Admin Console in Adobe Experience Platform, select "Access Management" and then "API Gateway". 

2. Product level: You can also grant permissions to the token at the product level, which applies only to the specific product or service that you are working with.

Regarding your second question, to create a container in Adobe Journey Optimizer (AJO), you can follow these general steps:

1. Go to the AJO interface and navigate to the "Decisioning" tab.

2. Click on "Containers" and then "Create Container".

3. Enter a name and description for your container.

4. Choose the type of container you want to create (e.g. "Experience Cloud ID container" or "Third-party data container").

5. Configure the container settings, such as data sources and data schema.

6. Save the container.

Level 1

In AJO on "Decisioning tab there are only offers and components. 

I do not have such options to create a container.I am administrator.

Level 1

I am facing the exact same problem, dont see any options to create a container. Can someone else ?