Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Proofing email fails - can we see a useful error log somewhere?

Community Advisor

Hi, using the preview -> proof email feature, email renders fine in preview for select test profile, but when a proof is sent using the same test profile the delivery fails, its hard to see what is causing this error, the status is just "Failed" without further info. What to do? anyone using journey optimizer and knows a trick?

sebastiane27965_0-1644597611267.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi there, this is an old one but form what i remember it was related to the unsubscribe link, we personalized the link with a customer attribute (like a crm id). I think it occurred because the test profiles had no value in this attribute. But it took a while to figure out as we went top-bottom troubleshooting and the link was in the footer

And as the preview was fine it was not obvious either.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Sebastiane_Edberg_ please raise the Adobe ticket to find the actual root cause.

There are times when we do not have access to the error logs and we have no choice but to raise the ticket.

Please share your findings when you hear back from Adobe.

Employee Advisor

@Sebastiane_Edberg_  are you able to browse and view this profile in AEP? I ask as there can be times where some profiles become unavailable for proofing when they are also not able to be viewed in AEP. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi there, this is an old one but form what i remember it was related to the unsubscribe link, we personalized the link with a customer attribute (like a crm id). I think it occurred because the test profiles had no value in this attribute. But it took a while to figure out as we went top-bottom troubleshooting and the link was in the footer

And as the preview was fine it was not obvious either.