Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to get access to Node Attributes of a Previous Nodes (besides Parent Node from Journey Properties)

Level 3

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to access information from previous nodes from a conditional? I understand that from the Journey Properties you can access to the Parent Node, but if I need to access to the information of previous nodes to the Parent Node, how could I do it from a Journey?

Regards,

Diego P.

3 Replies

Employee

Can you share the use case details where you would need this information ?

Level 3

Hi Dugganab,

We see it as an opportunity to access information on how users have been behaving during their stay in the Journey, this from the Journey itself and not waiting for the information on their interactions to reach the datasets.

Within the initial opportunities, one would be Conditional Recover for those who fell off at the first node of the journey.

Regards,

Diego P.

Level 2

@dugganab 

It will be great if journey properties exposed functions to get the previous nodes id's profile travelled through a level lookup approach. 

getTravelledNodeId(level 1 or level2 or level3) - Level1 gives parentNodeId, Level2 gives grandparentnodeid, Level3 gives parent of grandparentnodeid.

In real world use cases, journey can have lots of further segments through conditional approach. Business may need this travel history at specific segment level and persist in their interaction data table. Relying on data-disteller query service for the history data from the massive step events dataset is a performance hit.

Where on the Adobe Experience Manager AEM, there are such OOTB API functions available to get the history of current page where one could build Breadcrumbs components on the brand sites.