Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to estimate push message deliveries prior to publishing?

Level 7

Hi there,

Often times we need to give an estimated size to our stakeholders prior to launching a campaign/journey. Currently we do this by duplicating the journey, removing the push nodes, and publish it to get an estimated size. However there are couple of downsides to this approach:

1) The estimated number is by profile counts

2) We need breakdown of size by Android vs iOS device, and a profile can have both android AND an iOS device, which makes the estimation inaccurate.

How do we get the number of devices?

Thanks.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

@akwankl here goes my design recommendation.

Design 1:

Consuming OOTB Push profile Schema: we can rely on appID field (which might different for Andriod and IOS builds, please check build packages naming convention with respective mobile dev) , platform field which will populate apns or fcm based on IOS/Andriod incase of different APN's consumed for integration.

nnakirikanti_1-1722965117121.png

Audience Strategy: Create combined audience with Andriod and IOS profiles first and create platform specific audience with exclusion of combined audience.

nnakirikanti_2-1722967296377.png

This approach will solve where you solution consumes OOTB AJO Push profile Schema.

Design 2:

If you are solution have established different custom schems with push details field group and more fields to differentiative two platforms consume those build the audiences as provided in #1.

Let me know if this solves your need.

~cheers,

Naresh Nakirikanti.