Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Get last item of a list while doing personalization in AJO campaigns

Community Advisor

Hi ,

I am trying to split a string and get the last item from the list. For this, i am not sure what helper function to use.

I have a string lets say sampleString with value abc-12345.

For splitting i am using the split function {%= split(sampleString,"-") %} and this is giving me the result List(abc, 12345) which is expected. Now from this list i want to fetch the last element .

On the documents it says head can be used to fetch the first element but can't find anything to fetch the last element of the list.

Thanks,

Arpan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Following expression can be used to get the last porting of the string after "-", See if this meets your requirement

{% let idx = lastIndexOf("hello-world-test-string","-" ) + 1 %}
{%= substr("hello-world-test-string", idx, length("hello-world-test-string") ) %}

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Following expression can be used to get the last porting of the string after "-", See if this meets your requirement

{% let idx = lastIndexOf("hello-world-test-string","-" ) + 1 %}
{%= substr("hello-world-test-string", idx, length("hello-world-test-string") ) %}

Community Advisor

Hi @dugganab  - Thanks for this, i was aware of the string functions and this can definitely be used. I was just wondering if there is a more cleaner function to achieve this. Like we have "head" to fetch the first element of the list.