Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

External Opt Out in AJO

Level 3

Hi, I'm a little bit lost about how manage the third party unsubscription. I have my external landing page for unsuscbribe profiles (info.myexternalunsub.com/Email-Preference-Center.html?&optout=true).

So, I will create the message template in a journey and add "External opt out" type in Unsubscribe link

Silvio6_0-1705334522024.png

Then I can't understand the Subscription API Call, where and when the API call will be triggered? As the final unsubscription landing page (info.myexternalunsub.com/Email-Preference-Center.html?&optout=true) is hosted in an external tool I can't change anything there, neither the green unsubscribe button or the checkbox.

Here info.myexternalunsub.com/Email-Preference-Center.html?&optout=true template

Silvio6_0-1705337717870.png

Here I can see profile need to add its email so maybe third party tool will make all the work, matching email with opt out behavior but not sure about it.

So please if you can guide me step by step the API part and where that endpoint goes and so on as I can't understand very well the doc (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/email/email-opt-out.html?lang=en#opt...).

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Silvio6,

As mentioned in the documentation link, the unsubscription API call needs to be made by the external landing page.

The external landing page needs to read the URL parameters pid and params to make an API call to AEP to revoke the email consent when the customer clicks the Unsubscribe button.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/email/email-opt-out.html%3Flang%3Den...

As mentioned in this trial, these parameters are added to the URL in run time. 

Hope this clarifies.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Silvio6 

The external platform with the preference form will do the API call when a customer submits the form.

Since you don't have access to modify this external landing page if is better to look for other options.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Silvio6,

As mentioned in the documentation link, the unsubscription API call needs to be made by the external landing page.

The external landing page needs to read the URL parameters pid and params to make an API call to AEP to revoke the email consent when the customer clicks the Unsubscribe button.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/email/email-opt-out.html%3Flang%3Den...

As mentioned in this trial, these parameters are added to the URL in run time. 

Hope this clarifies.