Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

De-duplicate by email workaround

Level 1

Hi! Since there is no option to de-duplicate by email in journeys, is there a workaround to achieve this with for example segments or condition (functions) in a journey? Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @jaah , This is what I heard from Adobe Product team on similar question when asked in July.

• Audience Portal / Orchestration will enable users to perform a series of operations (query, union, enrichment, deduplication etc.) on the data to create one or multiple personalized audiences that can be activated by the Journey canvas -> Aiming for Sept ‘22 release (Deduplication will not be part of the initial release of this feature)
• In subsequent / follow-up release, Deduplication will enable users to remove “duplicate” records based off a selected attribute/identity -> Aiming for Q1 ’23 release

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@jaah I believe email is used as an identifier at schema level in your system. If yes, there won’t be any duplicate profiles in system(don’t get confused with profile fragments with unified profile). So, no need of de-duplication activity in AJO as there won't be any duplicate profiles. 

Could you please share more details around how duplicate profiles exists with same email? what is the identifier used in schemas while generating these duplicate profiles.

Level 1

Thanks for the reply!

Email is not used as an identifier in our system, hence the need for de-duplication.

Primary identifier is an ID generated in CRM. In addition to that, couple of other IDs generated in different source systems.

Email cannot be used as an identifier because some customers share an email address (usually family members in B2C). Also, many B2B customers use shared email address. Sending multiple emails to same email address is not an issue if the email is personalized. However, there is a need to send informational emails without personalization.

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @jaah , This is what I heard from Adobe Product team on similar question when asked in July.

• Audience Portal / Orchestration will enable users to perform a series of operations (query, union, enrichment, deduplication etc.) on the data to create one or multiple personalized audiences that can be activated by the Journey canvas -> Aiming for Sept ‘22 release (Deduplication will not be part of the initial release of this feature)
• In subsequent / follow-up release, Deduplication will enable users to remove “duplicate” records based off a selected attribute/identity -> Aiming for Q1 ’23 release

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Dear @Pradeep_Kumar_Srivastav, @jaah and @Anuhya-Y 

Do you know if there is any update on this topic? I have a same situation here. Do you think we can use composition function of audience for this? 

Community Advisor

@Zahid_14 

Could you please share more details around how duplicate profiles exists with same email? what is the identifier used in schemas while generating these duplicate profiles. If email is not an identifier, email filed/attribute can hold only one email according to the merge policy.

However, think on the lines of excluding duplicates profile audience/segment from the main/required segment. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/segmentation/ui/audience-composition.htm... 

Level 1

Dear @Zahid_14,

I don't think deduplication can be achieved with Audience Composition as of now. I'd imagine it could be done with query or deduplication feature which are not published for AC yet.