Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Custom Action Authentication

Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to make a third party API call via custom action. I added the required authentication details and the test authentication is successful as in the below screenshot. Below is the Authentication payload used

{
"type": "customAuthorization",
"authorizationType": "Bearer",
"endpoint": "//url//",
"method": "POST",
"headers": {},
"body": {
"bodyType": "form",
"bodyParams": {
"grant_type": "client_credentials",
"client_id": "//client_id//",
"client_secret": "//client_secret",
"scope": "//scope//"
}
},
"tokenInResponse": "response",
"cacheDuration": {
"duration": 1,
"timeUnit": "hours"
}
}

d_G_n111_0-1703045774953.png

But once I add this custom action into a journey it is throwing me HTTP 500 error like below

d_G_n111_1-1703045894500.png

Error: HTTP 500

Message: can't call url <endpoint url> . HTTP protocol violation. Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate  Header.

Also observed that once I added the custom action to the very first journey, I see the same issue but it got resolved by itself after after a couple of days and started working fine without any error. Now I am trying to add the same custom action with no changes into a different journey, and I see this issue again.

Since we are using authenticationType - Bearer, this will add Authentication header to the api call, and is it needed to add it again in the api header ? 

Any help on the root cause of this issue ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@d_G_n111 this seems like a possible bug. Can you file a ticket with support to check? 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@d_G_n111 this seems like a possible bug. Can you file a ticket with support to check? 

Employee

@d_G_n111 

Can you update the cacheDuration as following in the custom authentication payload and see if that works ?

"cacheDuration":{
"expiryInResponse":"json://expires_in",
"timeUnit": "hours"
}

Level 1

I dont think this is something related to caching, as I have completely removed caching and tested, but it is still the same. 

Level 2

HI @d_G_n111 ,

Were you able to overcome this error that you were encountering. We are also facing a similar error and your inputs if any would be of great help.

Level 2

@iamromioghosh - The custom action authentication didn't seem to work for us for Content Type as url encoded though the test was successful and so we had to resort to Adobe IO to do the API calls.

Level 1

This got resolved by itself. Not sure what was the issue. But it is working fine now