Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 28th February at 8 am PT with Ariel Sultan, Daniel Wright, Josee Haeley and Rohit Basuri.
SOLVED

Custom Action Authentication

Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to make a third party API call via custom action. I added the required authentication details and the test authentication is successful as in the below screenshot. Below is the Authentication payload used

{
"type": "customAuthorization",
"authorizationType": "Bearer",
"endpoint": "//url//",
"method": "POST",
"headers": {},
"body": {
"bodyType": "form",
"bodyParams": {
"grant_type": "client_credentials",
"client_id": "//client_id//",
"client_secret": "//client_secret",
"scope": "//scope//"
}
},
"tokenInResponse": "response",
"cacheDuration": {
"duration": 1,
"timeUnit": "hours"
}
}

d_G_n111_0-1703045774953.png

But once I add this custom action into a journey it is throwing me HTTP 500 error like below

d_G_n111_1-1703045894500.png

Error: HTTP 500

Message: can't call url <endpoint url> . HTTP protocol violation. Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate  Header.

Also observed that once I added the custom action to the very first journey, I see the same issue but it got resolved by itself after after a couple of days and started working fine without any error. Now I am trying to add the same custom action with no changes into a different journey, and I see this issue again.

Since we are using authenticationType - Bearer, this will add Authentication header to the api call, and is it needed to add it again in the api header ? 

Any help on the root cause of this issue ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@d_G_n111 this seems like a possible bug. Can you file a ticket with support to check? 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@d_G_n111 this seems like a possible bug. Can you file a ticket with support to check? 

Employee

@d_G_n111 

Can you update the cacheDuration as following in the custom authentication payload and see if that works ?

"cacheDuration":{
"expiryInResponse":"json://expires_in",
"timeUnit": "hours"
}

Level 1

I dont think this is something related to caching, as I have completely removed caching and tested, but it is still the same. 

Level 1

HI @d_G_n111 ,

Were you able to overcome this error that you were encountering. We are also facing a similar error and your inputs if any would be of great help.