Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 7th edition is out.
SOLVED

Audience Enrichment - Conceptual Understanding

Level 2

Here is my understanding of enrichment. If I could please get clarification on this:

Observations:

1. When we enrich an audience, system generated intermediary schemas are created (to join the profile schema and look up schema with which the enriched audience was created).
  2. Within 24-48 hours, a system generated data set is created (to join the profile dataset and look up dataset).
  3. Upon creation of this data set, we are able to then use the enriched attributes for purposes of both email personalization and condition building in journeys.

Questions:

1. Are observations 1-3 correct?
  2. When I used the enriched attribute in my journey condition immediately after having created my enriched composition, I was not able to toggle my journey into test mode. I got an error stating something along the lines of “the current user does not have access to enriched attribute”. Is this because the system generated dataset had yet to be created to then be able to pull the values.
  3. When I use the enriched attribute in my journey condition’s advanced expression editor, it showed up like this:

#{ExperiencePlatform.ProfileFieldGroup.profile._xyz.audienceEnrichment.entry('put_a_key_here').audienceEnrichmentChildMap.entry('put_a_key_here').xyz__enrichedAttributeName}

Where it says “put a key here”, is this the attribute values upon which the profile dataset and lookup dataset were joined or the attribute column names in the respective profile and lookup datasets I initially created.

And if it’s the attribute column name, is it in the format of the path to that field; would you be able to provide an example format please

4. Is there any sort of documentation on using audience enrichment attributes for            personalization and condition building, asides from this page: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/segmentation/ui/audience-composition.htm...?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@jm_11 ,

Let's clarify your observations and questions regarding audience enrichment in Adobe Experience Platform:

*Observations:*

1. *Intermediary Schemas*: When you enrich an audience, intermediary schemas are generated to join the profile schema and the lookup schema with which the enriched audience was created. These intermediary schemas help manage the enriched data.

2. *System-Generated Data Set*: Within 24-48 hours, a system-generated data set is created to join the profile dataset and the lookup dataset. This data set facilitates the use of enriched attributes for email personalization and condition building in journeys.

*Questions:*

1. *Access to Enriched Attributes*: When you encountered an error stating that the current user does not have access to enriched attributes, it could be because the system-generated dataset had not been created yet. The system might need time to complete the data set creation before enriched attributes are accessible.

2. *Enriched Attribute Usage*: The format you provided for using an enriched attribute in the journey condition's advanced expression editor looks correct. "put_a_key_here" refers to the keys you used when setting up your enriched audience. These keys should correspond to the keys you used when enriching the audience, and they are typically associated with attribute column names in the respective profile and lookup datasets.

3. *Documentation*: Apart from the link you provided, Adobe's official documentation is a valuable resource for understanding audience enrichment and how to use enriched attributes for personalization and condition building. You can also refer to Adobe's online help, knowledge base articles, or contact Adobe support for more specific guidance.

It's worth noting that Adobe's documentation may evolve over time, so it's a good idea to regularly check for updates and consult Adobe's official support channels for the most current information and any specific troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@jm_11 ,

Let's clarify your observations and questions regarding audience enrichment in Adobe Experience Platform:

*Observations:*

1. *Intermediary Schemas*: When you enrich an audience, intermediary schemas are generated to join the profile schema and the lookup schema with which the enriched audience was created. These intermediary schemas help manage the enriched data.

2. *System-Generated Data Set*: Within 24-48 hours, a system-generated data set is created to join the profile dataset and the lookup dataset. This data set facilitates the use of enriched attributes for email personalization and condition building in journeys.

*Questions:*

1. *Access to Enriched Attributes*: When you encountered an error stating that the current user does not have access to enriched attributes, it could be because the system-generated dataset had not been created yet. The system might need time to complete the data set creation before enriched attributes are accessible.

2. *Enriched Attribute Usage*: The format you provided for using an enriched attribute in the journey condition's advanced expression editor looks correct. "put_a_key_here" refers to the keys you used when setting up your enriched audience. These keys should correspond to the keys you used when enriching the audience, and they are typically associated with attribute column names in the respective profile and lookup datasets.

3. *Documentation*: Apart from the link you provided, Adobe's official documentation is a valuable resource for understanding audience enrichment and how to use enriched attributes for personalization and condition building. You can also refer to Adobe's online help, knowledge base articles, or contact Adobe support for more specific guidance.

It's worth noting that Adobe's documentation may evolve over time, so it's a good idea to regularly check for updates and consult Adobe's official support channels for the most current information and any specific troubleshooting.

Level 3

Hi! I'm stucked in "put_a_key_here" using an enrichment in a Journey.

For example my dataset A used for enrich has companyName and companyCount

The join used in composition was by companyName

This is what I have in AJO:

#{ExperiencePlatform.ProfileFieldGroup.profile._spnam.audienceEnrichment.entry('put_a_key_here').audienceEnrichmentChildMap.entry('put_a_key_here').companyCount}

What companyName should I use? the attribute one or the one from dataset A? Also what kind of type is the above response? companyCount is a number but I tried with " .... == true" in AJO journey and it fits too.

Thanks

Level 3

hi! I have the same issue, what values did you pass in "put_a_key_here"?? I want to use that enriched field in a journey. Thanks.

Administrator

Hi, 

This query around 'put_a_key_here in enriched audience in a journey' has been address on this thread: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/journey-optimizer-questions/put-a-key-here-in-enric...

Let us know in case more help is required.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa