Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 7th edition is out.

API Triggered Campaigns - Dropped Individuals Tracking

Level 2

Hi, 

I am working with Transactional API Triggered campaigns.

I am particularly interested in this case:

Let's say that:

1. The API is triggered for an individual whose ECID is not stored in AEP and the ECID namespace is what's being used in the payload to recognize the individuals for whom the API is triggered to connect them to AEP

2. We have the Create New Profile Field set to No for the campaign 

This individual will be dropped from receiving the campaign communication as they are non-existent in AEP. How do I track the number of such individuals who were dropped. This information is not being tracked on the journey report and it is also not being tracked in any AJO dataset as far as I can tell. Any other places to check?

Thank you.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@jm_11 It's not stored in any dataset in AJO. Instead, you should get the responses/response code for such API requests for those who are getting dropped and track them.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Are these error codes being tracked somewhere in AJO? 

Community Advisor

@jm_11 @SatheeskannaK 

It's depend on your licensing. Adobe introduced an add-on called pass-through if you don't want to create profile. Some parameters in the payload are different.

Unknown profiles are then created in the AJO Interactive Messaging Profile Dataset, in three default namespace (email, phone and ECID) respectively for each outbound channels (Email, SMS and Push). However, if you are using a custom namespace, the identity is created with the same custom namespace.

With this approach, you will not be able to track opens or clicks for Email channel.

You can reach out to your Adobe account manager to get more details.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni