Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Output presets JSON generation failed

Level 3

Hi Team,

I am generating JSON output presets for the ditamaps and its failing. Below error showing in the history.log file.

[DOTA001F][FATAL] "dita" is not a recognized transformation type. Supported transformation types are bcmhtml5, bcmpdf, bcpdf, ca)bcpdf, ca_bcpdf, eclipsehelp, html5, htmlhelp, javahelp, msd_bcpdf, pdf, pdf2, sym_bcpdf, tocjs, troff, xhtml.

Please ssuggest.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi, while I can't say for sure how to fix it, I think I can give some pointers as to where the problem lies:

1. This is a DITA-OT error message. You can look them up here: DITA-OT error messages

2. The standard JSON output uses the DITA OT to generate normalized DITA for further post-processing. The process of normalizing DITA is the "dita" transformation that is being referenced in the log. While this transformation would usually be included in the DITA-OT (see: DITA-OT transformations (output formats)), it seems to be missing in your case.

Are you using a modified DITA-OT? If so, maybe you can try using the unmodified DITA-OT that should be available in AEM Guides to test your transformation. You should be able to do so, by applying the default DITA profile (Tools>Guides>Dita Profiles) to the folder of your input. If you have modified the default profile, you can create a new one and reference the standard DITA-OT there. It should usually be located under /libs/fmdita/dita_resources/DITA-OT.zip.

I hope that this information is of some use for you

All Best,

Lukas

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi, while I can't say for sure how to fix it, I think I can give some pointers as to where the problem lies:

1. This is a DITA-OT error message. You can look them up here: DITA-OT error messages

2. The standard JSON output uses the DITA OT to generate normalized DITA for further post-processing. The process of normalizing DITA is the "dita" transformation that is being referenced in the log. While this transformation would usually be included in the DITA-OT (see: DITA-OT transformations (output formats)), it seems to be missing in your case.

Are you using a modified DITA-OT? If so, maybe you can try using the unmodified DITA-OT that should be available in AEM Guides to test your transformation. You should be able to do so, by applying the default DITA profile (Tools>Guides>Dita Profiles) to the folder of your input. If you have modified the default profile, you can create a new one and reference the standard DITA-OT there. It should usually be located under /libs/fmdita/dita_resources/DITA-OT.zip.

I hope that this information is of some use for you

All Best,

Lukas

Level 3

Thank you for the quick suggestion Lukas.

I see this issue while generating JSON output preset for the few of the ditamaps. Some are working fine.