Expand my Community achievements bar.

Registration for the AEM Guides User conference on 24th and 25th March 2024 is open.

Use-by-Reference Footnotes - Not Working in Native PDF Publishing

Level 5

Has anyone gotten the use-by-reference footnotes to work in Native PDF Publishing?

The output works as expected in the default DITA-OT output, but it isn't working as expected in Native PDF Publishing. What am I missing?

6 Replies

Level 6

Hi @sschnelbach

I tried using use-by-reference footnotes, and it works on Native PDF publishing with all three default templates. I am attaching a screenshot here for reference.

AswiniLakshminarayanan_1-1683875013695.png

Please share your sample content to alakshminara@adobe.com, along with your published output using DITA-OT and Native PDF and we can check this further.

That screenshot is showing three different footnotes (singe-use). I'm not seeing an example of the same footnote being referenced more than once in the text, but only displaying once at the bottom (use-by-reference). (See screenshots uploaded here.)

Use-by-Reference Footnotes - Native PDF Publishing.pngUse-by-Reference Footnotes - DITA-OT Default.png

See: fn (oxygenxml.com)

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We are able to reproduce the issue and Jira (Ref: DXML-12159) has been logged to resolve this. We will keep you posted on the updates. 

Thank you for elevating this. We rely on the use-by-reference footnotes for several of our longer, more complicated documents. We'd appreciate getting this to work as soon as possible.

Was this bug fixed in v4.3? I'm not seeing it listed in the Release Notes.