Expand my Community achievements bar.

New Versions of Existing Graphics in AEM Guides

Level 5

Is there a way to upload graphics other than drag/drop?

For example, if an existing graphics file doesn't have a human-readable file name (GUID from another system), we know that the file name of the new version must be identical for drag/drop to work, detect the file already exists, and ask about creating a new version of the existing file.

It would be much easier and more precise if we could select the specific graphics file we'd like to update, then select an option to upload/check in a new version regardless of the name of the file on our hard drive. Is that an option? I don't see anything command like that in the Assets > Files view and I didn't find anything like that in the AEM Guides instructions.

1 Reply

Employee

@sschnelbach : that is not an option as of today.

As I can understand you have a file on your filesystem that does not match the name of file that exists in AEM and on drag-drop or upload (in webeditor) does not match existing file in system hence you don't see a dialog to replace/version/duplicate the asset.

With the filename differences between your filesystem and file in AEM - the option you are looking for is not present.

The system identifies the uploaded file based on the name or GUID.