Expand my Community achievements bar.

Native PDF output duplicate/repeat TOC entries

Level 1

We haven't configured our Native PDF output beyond the toggle to turn on the TOC page and the checkbox to make the PDF accessible. We are using the Basic layout files that come out of the box.
We're finding that the TOC page is duplicating the toc-level-1 and level-2 entry (see attached image). The Topics we're trying to publish have a Title and Section Title duplicating and only in the TOC.

jasminemoser_0-1695920715878.png

We checked the layout for the TOC page and the duplication doesn't appear to be coming from that, but I feel like I'm missing something. 

<body>
  <div data-region="header">
    <p class="toc-header"><span data-field="project-title" data-format="default">Project Title</span></p>
  </div>
  <div data-region="content">
    <p class="toc-title">Contents</p>
  </div>
  <div data-region="footer">
    <p class="toc-footer"><span data-field="page-number" data-format="default">1</span></p>
  </div>
</body>

And we also tried the other settings for the TOC and Headers without touching the CSS styling:

- tried "start each topic from a new page".

- lowering the "Use headings up to level" setting.

- tried "Do not show page number for the first level in the TOC".
- tried another set of topics and different topic types.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

5 Replies

Employee

Hi,

We are not able to replicate the bug on our end with the latest release. Can you please share version number of AEM Guides which you are using? It will help us replicate the issue.

Level 1

We're on a non-UUID 6.5.12.0 in multiple environments and its in all of them.

Prod

jasminemoser_0-1696005449816.png

UAT (went down last night, hence the Up Since date)

jasminemoser_1-1696005471630.png

I've also attached a copy of the Basic template files with the settings currently used there. 

Employee

Please let us know the Guides version. This issues was there in between for a version but was subsequently fixed.

Level 1

Sorry for the delay, a lot of my team is out of the office right now. We're on 4.2.1 and will be updating to 4.3 by the end of this month