Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Native PDF: List of Tables Showing Extra Tables at Beginning

Level 3

Hello!

I'm working on a bookmap template in Native PDF. Here is the page layout order I'm using:

joshm19816095_0-1717529270109.png

When I publish, this is what the List of Tables shows:

joshm19816095_1-1717529650305.png

I'm assuming these tables in the red rectangle are pulling from frontmatter content. How can I make the list of tables start with page one, as illustrated above?

Thanks!

Josh

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Josh,

If you know how may entries you want to remove from the beginning in list of tables then you can hide them like below: Here I am hiding first two entries:

.lot-body a:nth-child(-n+2){
  display: none;
}

The downside is that whenever a new table is added to front matter, you will need to update this number in CSS.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Josh,

If you know how may entries you want to remove from the beginning in list of tables then you can hide them like below: Here I am hiding first two entries:

.lot-body a:nth-child(-n+2){
  display: none;
}

The downside is that whenever a new table is added to front matter, you will need to update this number in CSS.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Level 3

Thanks, Surbhi! As always, I really appreciate your help!

Level 3

I just had a thought - would it be possible to hide any table that don't have a table title tag? I noticed all the extra tables that are coming over don't have titles like every other table in the bookmap. Would this be possible?

Thanks again!

Josh

Employee

Hi Josh,

Right now it is not possible, the logic is hardcoded. But your point is valid, we will take it up as an enhancement to not show the entry if the table doesn't have caption.

Thanks,

Vivek