Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Guides - Live Project Usecases

Level 3

Hi folks,

We are exploring the use cases of AEM Guides - I know we talk about content management via Component Content Management System but can anyone explain how it produces an edge over traditional AEM Sites.

Is there any simulation project similar to We Retail or WKND for AEM Guides?

thanks,

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@Cross_Leaf : AEM Guides gives a platform to create content that can act as source of truth for various output formats AEM Sites being just one of them. (AEM Sites of desired structure using existing templates can also be generated from content authored in AEM Guides).

The idea is:

• to author content in structured format 
  • and then be able to use the same content to publish in various formats and platforms

You can check following:

If you are interested in knowing the features or getting access to demo assets - please let us know.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

Hi Ronnie

You can download some sample DITA content from here https://github.com/DITAWriter/pilot_training_mitchell_bomber written by a great chap called Keith Schengili-Roberts.

This will allow you to try editing DITA content using AEM Guides and publishing using the default Output Presets.

Structured authoring has been around since the 1960s and was developed to help organisations handle large, complex documentation.

Key concepts are:
Information typed content (e.g. concept, reference, task)
Bite sized topics i.e. one theme per topic
Content re-use (with content re-use global changes are easy and translation costs can be vastly reduced)
Separating content from its formatting so authors focus on what to write rather than how it appears
Multi-channel publishing (publishing the same content to different output formats e.g. PDF, HTML, AEM Sites, webhelp, JSON, etc)
Linking
Conditions (allows you to include/exclude content)
Keys (allows authors to change their content quickly and easily depending on content e.g. product, region, audience, any context you want)

AEM Guides supports all of the concepts above. I don't know AEM Sites well enough to comment versus Guides, but if you have large, complex documentations, then AEM Guides will allow you to create and manage that content and publish to AEM Sites and many other formats.

Regards

Keith

Correct answer by
Employee

@Cross_Leaf : AEM Guides gives a platform to create content that can act as source of truth for various output formats AEM Sites being just one of them. (AEM Sites of desired structure using existing templates can also be generated from content authored in AEM Guides).

The idea is:

• to author content in structured format 
  • and then be able to use the same content to publish in various formats and platforms

You can check following:

If you are interested in knowing the features or getting access to demo assets - please let us know.