Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Verifying Google Search Console via Adobe DTM

Level 2

Hi,

Is it possible to verify Google Search Console using the HTML tag method via Adobe DTM? I tried adding the verification tag as a sequential HTML but had no success. I do not use Google Tag Manager or GA so those methods are out of the question.

Thanks,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Yeung ,

Yes, you can, if it's what I'm thinking of- you can do this as non-sequential JS for google site verification: 

var newMeta=document.createElement('meta'); newMeta.name="google-site-verification"; newMeta.content="yz1KBJ7bYQaEL6CwZvLWKJvOHd8vJdHrCr5e4XXXXXX"; document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(newMeta);

Please do let us know if you have any questions or queries

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi John,

I haven't tried it, but I have seen this question pop up before. When you added the HTML to a rule did you fire it at the top of the page? The only request I see from Google is that it has to be fired in the head before the body tag. Based on load order if you set it to go at the top of the page that might work.

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/dtm/load_order.html

Best,

Tacia

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Yeung ,

Yes, you can, if it's what I'm thinking of- you can do this as non-sequential JS for google site verification: 

var newMeta=document.createElement('meta'); newMeta.name="google-site-verification"; newMeta.content="yz1KBJ7bYQaEL6CwZvLWKJvOHd8vJdHrCr5e4XXXXXX"; document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(newMeta);

Please do let us know if you have any questions or queries

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 3

Hi Parit,

I tried using this along with a similar JS script and I'm not able to get either to render a <meta> attribute on my site.

Is there an load order that you recommend?

Should these be set to Execute Globally?

Thank you,

James