Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

URGENT : Getting console error when using s.getPercentPageViewed plugin

Level 2

Hi,

I did implemented the getPercentPageViewed into my s_code file using the DTM tool.

And i am getting the following error message on blog site and for rest of the sites its working perfectly.Not sure whats the issue.

Uncaught TypeError: s.s_PPVg is not a function

URL: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/category/virtual-reality/

Please help me with this.

Thanks

Ankit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ankit,

Please use version v2.01 of getpercentpageviewed() analytics plugin , Also Please find attached documentation for the same.

How To Implement
•    Copy + Paste the minified code (see below) to anywhere within the Plugins section of the AppMeasurement code
•    Run the getPercentPageView function as needed within the doPlugins function (see sample calls below)
Parameters
pid (optional): current page identifier. Defaults to s.pageName OR, if s.pageName is not set, the URL 
change (optional): set equal to '0' if you do not want to track dynamic changes to the page length
Returns
The getPecentPageViewed plugin returns an array of identifiers mentioned below.
•    array[0] contains the identifier (e.g. the previous s.pageName value)
•    array[1] contains the highest percent viewed of the previous page
•    array[2] contains the percent of the previous page viewed on its initial load
•    array[3] contains the highest number of vertical pixels viewed of the previous page
If pid is equal to "-", will return only the highest percent viewed of the previous page in a non-Array JavaScript variable (not recommended)
Sample Calls
Example #1
If… Previous pageName is “shop|buyflow|customize” and current pageName is “shop|buyflow|customer info”

…and the following code runs on the current page…
if(s.pageName){
var ppvArray = s.getPercentPageViewed();
}
if(typeof ppvArray != 'undefined' && typeof ppvArray[1] != 'undefined')
    {
        s.prop1 = 'initialpercent=' + ppvArray[2]
         s.prop2 = 'highestpercent=' + ppvArray[1];
        s.prop3 = ppvArray[0];
    }
    else{
        s.prop1 = s.prop2 = s.prop3 = "";
}
… the final value of s.prop1, s.prop2,prop3 will be:
s.prop1="initialpercent=60"
s.prop2="heighestpercent=100"
s.prop3="shop|buyflow|cusotmize"
Example #2
If… Previous pageName is “shop|buyflow|customize” and current pageName is “shop|buyflow|customer info”

if(s.pageName){
var ppvArray = s.getPercentPageViewed('','0');
}
    {
        s.prop3 = ppvArray[0];
    }
    else{
}
… the final value of s.prop1, s.prop2,prop3 will be: will do no recalculations if the page dynamically changes its vertical height in pixels
Example #3

if(s.pageName){
}
    {

s.prop4 = 'highestpixel=' + ppvArray[3];
    }
    else{
        s.prop4 "";
}
… the final value of s.prop4 will be: highest number of vertical pixels viewed of the previous page
s.prop4=" highestpixel =5132"

Example #4 (Recommanded)
If… Previous pageName is “shop:buyflow:customize” and current pageName is “shop:buyflow:customer info”

if(s.pageName){
}
    {
        s.prop1 = 'initialpercent=' + ppvArray[2]+ '|highestpercent=' + ppvArray[1]+ '|'+ ppvArray[0]+'|heightpixel =' ppvArray[3];

}
    else{
        s.prop1 ="";
}
… the final value of s.prop1 will be:
s.prop1="initialpercent=60| heighestpercent=100|shop:buyflow:cusotmize|highestpixel=5132 "
S Object Replacement
When instantiating the main AppMeasurement library object with a name other than "s", change the following portion of the plugin code from this…
s.getPercentPageViewed = function(pid, change)
…to this:
[objectname].getPercentPageViewed = function(pid, change)

Reporting/Backend Setup (Requires Admin Access)
Prop setup
Setup the Prop that will hold the Percent Page Viewed data with the following attributes:
•    Name: Percent Page Viewed
•    Description: Percent Page Viewed concatenated value
•    List Support: Disabled
•    All other attributes use the default values provided

Code Minified Code /* Plugin: getPercentPageViewed v2.01 */ s.handlePPVevents=function(){if(!s_c_il)return;for(var i=0,scill=s_c_il.length;i<scill;i++)if(typeof s_c_il[i]!="undefined"&&s_c_il[i]._c&&s_c_il[i]._c=="s_c"){var s=s_c_il[i];break}if(!s)return;if(!s.getPPVid)return;var dh=Math.max(Math.max(s.d.body.scrollHeight,s.d.documentElement.scrollHeight),Math.max(s.d.body.offsetHeight,s.d.documentElement.offsetHeight),Math.max(s.d.body.clientHeight,s.d.documentElement.clientHeight)),vph=window.innerHeight||(s.d.documentElement.clientHeight||s.d.body.clientHeight), st=window.pageYOffset||(window.document.documentElement.scrollTop||window.document.body.scrollTop),vh=st+vph,pv=Math.min(Math.round(vh/dh*100),100),c="",p=s.c_r("s_ppv").split(",")[0];if(!s.c_r("tp")||(s.unescape?s.unescape(p):decodeURIComponent(p))!=s.getPPVid||s.ppvChange=="1"&&(s.c_r("tp")&&dh!=s.c_r("tp"))){s.c_w("tp",dh);s.c_w("s_ppv","")}else c=s.c_r("s_ppv");var a=c&&c.indexOf(",")>-1?c.split(",",4):[],id=a.length>0?a[0]:escape(s.getPPVid),cv=a.length>1?parseInt(a[1]):0,p0=a.length>2?parseInt(a[2]): pv,cy=a.length>3?parseInt(a[3]):0,cn=pv>0?id+","+(pv>cv?pv:cv)+","+p0+","+(vh>cy?vh:cy):"";s.c_w("s_ppv",cn)}; s.getPercentPageViewed=function(pid,change){var s=this,ist=!s.getPPVid?true:false;pid=pid?pid:s.pageName?s.pageName:document.location.href;s.ppvChange=change?change:"1";if(typeof s.linkType!="undefined"&&s.linkType!="0"&&s.linkType!=""&&s.linkType!="e")return"";var v=s.c_r("s_ppv"),a=v.indexOf(",")>-1?v.split(",",4):[];if(a&&a.length<4){for(var i=3;i>0;i--)a[i]=i<a.length?a[i-1]:"";a[0]=""}if(a)a[0]=unescape(a[0]);if(!s.getPPVid||s.getPPVid!=pid){s.getPPVid=pid;s.c_w("s_ppv",escape(s.getPPVid));s.handlePPVevents()}if(ist)if(window.addEventListener){window.addEventListener("load", s.handlePPVevents,false);window.addEventListener("click",s.handlePPVevents,false);window.addEventListener("scroll",s.handlePPVevents,false);window.addEventListener("resize",s.handlePPVevents,false)}else if(window.attachEvent){window.attachEvent("onload",s.handlePPVevents);window.attachEvent("onclick",s.handlePPVevents);window.attachEvent("onscroll",s.handlePPVevents);window.attachEvent("onresize",s.handlePPVevents)}return pid!="-"?a:a[1]};

Thanks & Regards 

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ankit,

There seems to be a compatibility issue of Plugin version being used with the App Measurement version. Since your are using Plugin v1.71 and Appmeasurement version 1.6.4 , Can you please confirm whether the sites where no error is being throw the same version of plugin & App Measurement library are being used.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ankit,

Please use version v2.01 of getpercentpageviewed() analytics plugin , Also Please find attached documentation for the same.

How To Implement
•    Copy + Paste the minified code (see below) to anywhere within the Plugins section of the AppMeasurement code
•    Run the getPercentPageView function as needed within the doPlugins function (see sample calls below)
Parameters
pid (optional): current page identifier. Defaults to s.pageName OR, if s.pageName is not set, the URL 
change (optional): set equal to '0' if you do not want to track dynamic changes to the page length
Returns
The getPecentPageViewed plugin returns an array of identifiers mentioned below.
•    array[0] contains the identifier (e.g. the previous s.pageName value)
•    array[1] contains the highest percent viewed of the previous page
•    array[2] contains the percent of the previous page viewed on its initial load
•    array[3] contains the highest number of vertical pixels viewed of the previous page
If pid is equal to "-", will return only the highest percent viewed of the previous page in a non-Array JavaScript variable (not recommended)
Sample Calls
Example #1

if(s.pageName){
}
    {
        s.prop3 = ppvArray[0];
    }
    else{
}
… the final value of s.prop1, s.prop2,prop3 will be:
Example #2

if(s.pageName){
var ppvArray = s.getPercentPageViewed('','0');
}
    {
        s.prop3 = ppvArray[0];
    }
    else{
}
… the final value of s.prop1, s.prop2,prop3 will be: will do no recalculations if the page dynamically changes its vertical height in pixels
Example #3

if(s.pageName){
}
    {

s.prop4 = 'highestpixel=' + ppvArray[3];
    }
    else{
        s.prop4 "";
}
… the final value of s.prop4 will be: highest number of vertical pixels viewed of the previous page
s.prop4=" highestpixel =5132"

Example #4 (Recommanded)
If… Previous pageName is “shop:buyflow:customize” and current pageName is “shop:buyflow:customer info”

if(s.pageName){
}
    {
        s.prop1 = 'initialpercent=' + ppvArray[2]+ '|highestpercent=' + ppvArray[1]+ '|'+ ppvArray[0]+'|heightpixel =' ppvArray[3];

}
    else{
        s.prop1 ="";
}
… the final value of s.prop1 will be:
s.prop1="initialpercent=60| heighestpercent=100|shop:buyflow:cusotmize|highestpixel=5132 "
S Object Replacement
When instantiating the main AppMeasurement library object with a name other than "s", change the following portion of the plugin code from this…
s.getPercentPageViewed = function(pid, change)
…to this:
[objectname].getPercentPageViewed = function(pid, change)

Reporting/Backend Setup (Requires Admin Access)
Prop setup
Setup the Prop that will hold the Percent Page Viewed data with the following attributes:
•    Name: Percent Page Viewed
•    Description: Percent Page Viewed concatenated value
•    List Support: Disabled
•    All other attributes use the default values provided

Code Minified Code /* Plugin: getPercentPageViewed v2.01 */ s.handlePPVevents=function(){if(!s_c_il)return;for(var i=0,scill=s_c_il.length;i<scill;i++)if(typeof s_c_il[i]!="undefined"&&s_c_il[i]._c&&s_c_il[i]._c=="s_c"){var s=s_c_il[i];break}if(!s)return;if(!s.getPPVid)return;var dh=Math.max(Math.max(s.d.body.scrollHeight,s.d.documentElement.scrollHeight),Math.max(s.d.body.offsetHeight,s.d.documentElement.offsetHeight),Math.max(s.d.body.clientHeight,s.d.documentElement.clientHeight)),vph=window.innerHeight||(s.d.documentElement.clientHeight||s.d.body.clientHeight), st=window.pageYOffset||(window.document.documentElement.scrollTop||window.document.body.scrollTop),vh=st+vph,pv=Math.min(Math.round(vh/dh*100),100),c="",p=s.c_r("s_ppv").split(",")[0];if(!s.c_r("tp")||(s.unescape?s.unescape(p):decodeURIComponent(p))!=s.getPPVid||s.ppvChange=="1"&&(s.c_r("tp")&&dh!=s.c_r("tp"))){s.c_w("tp",dh);s.c_w("s_ppv","")}else c=s.c_r("s_ppv");var a=c&&c.indexOf(",")>-1?c.split(",",4):[],id=a.length>0?a[0]:escape(s.getPPVid),cv=a.length>1?parseInt(a[1]):0,p0=a.length>2?parseInt(a[2]): pv,cy=a.length>3?parseInt(a[3]):0,cn=pv>0?id+","+(pv>cv?pv:cv)+","+p0+","+(vh>cy?vh:cy):"";s.c_w("s_ppv",cn)}; s.getPercentPageViewed=function(pid,change){var s=this,ist=!s.getPPVid?true:false;pid=pid?pid:s.pageName?s.pageName:document.location.href;s.ppvChange=change?change:"1";if(typeof s.linkType!="undefined"&&s.linkType!="0"&&s.linkType!=""&&s.linkType!="e")return"";var v=s.c_r("s_ppv"),a=v.indexOf(",")>-1?v.split(",",4):[];if(a&&a.length<4){for(var i=3;i>0;i--)a[i]=i<a.length?a[i-1]:"";a[0]=""}if(a)a[0]=unescape(a[0]);if(!s.getPPVid||s.getPPVid!=pid){s.getPPVid=pid;s.c_w("s_ppv",escape(s.getPPVid));s.handlePPVevents()}if(ist)if(window.addEventListener){window.addEventListener("load", s.handlePPVevents,false);window.addEventListener("click",s.handlePPVevents,false);window.addEventListener("scroll",s.handlePPVevents,false);window.addEventListener("resize",s.handlePPVevents,false)}else if(window.attachEvent){window.attachEvent("onload",s.handlePPVevents);window.attachEvent("onclick",s.handlePPVevents);window.attachEvent("onscroll",s.handlePPVevents);window.attachEvent("onresize",s.handlePPVevents)}return pid!="-"?a:a[1]};

Thanks & Regards 

Parit Mittal

Level 2

Hi Parit,

The issue is not resolved yet.Below are the domains where i am using same DTM instance.

www.nvidia.com

www.nvidia.co.uk

www.nvidia.*

Level 2

Hi Parit,

Where i can find the updated documentation of plugins.

Similar to this i am having issue with previous page plugin.

Please help me with this.

Thanks

Ankit

Level 2

ParitMittal

I am experiencing this issue on a retail eCommerce site with Single Page App framework (ReactJS), perhaps you could help us:

AppMeasurement v1.6

Plugin: getPercentPageViewed v1.71

I'm unsure if updating the Plugin is the right solution for our implementation, also I have not seen your suggested version updated in the Adobe Implementation Guide, here.

I would be glad to share the url where the error occurs via PM.

Level 10

hyderziaee​ Can you please provide your expert opinion on limitations of using precentagepageviewed plugin for single page app?

Regards

Parit

Employee Advisor

unfortunately I don't have a lot of idea on the plugin.

Level 3

Where can the new version of this plugin be found in the official Adobe documentation?

Level 3

Jantzen, I am not seeing the new version (2.01) in the documentation. Can someone at Adobe add this?

Level 10

I'm going to tag our Analytics community manager to see if they have more info on this plugin

Gigazelle​ - Do you have any info about a new version of the getPercentPageViewed plugin?

Employee Advisor

I'm afraid not, sorry.

Level 3

So, can the plugin Parit posted be added to the official documentation? I don't think it makes sense that someone would need to search the forums to find it.

Level 10

Let me track down the owner of that plug-in to see if we can get the information that we need.

Level 2

If the plugin is loaded twice, this issue will definitely occur. Depending on your tag manager, getPercentPageViewed might be assigned to pages/urls in more than one place by mistake.

Employee

The bug ID to update the document is AN-147411