Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to create web properties

Level 2

Hello,

I'm trying to start using DTM, however I seem to be unable to create any properties, as the button for creating new properties is not showing. I'd imagine that this could be a problem with insufficient rights, but I have tried adding myself as an admin and user to DTM.

Here is a screenshot of my user rights (some info redacted):

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 16.09.34.png

And this is what my DTM dashboard looks like:

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 16.15.53.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Can you private message me your DTM company name and user email address?

You're spot on with the permissions. I think it's something to do with the permissions from DTM not matching with what's in the Admin console. It could be an issue with group mapping.

In your second screenshot, you can't see the users tab in DTM. This is likely because you aren't an Admin in DTM. This would also cause you to not be able to create the web property. In the first screenshot, I see that you belong to a few DTM groups with the name Admin on them, but that doesn't guarantee they are mapped correctly to the Admin permission.

If you want to take a look yourself, have a look at a video and knowledge base article I produced a few weeks ago (linked below). In both of these, I show how to properly set up a permissions group in the Admin Console and map it back to a DTM permission level.

Video - How To: Map a Product Configuration Group - YouTube

KB Article - Map a product configuration to a solution permissions group

You can check to see if your existing groups are mapped to DTM permissions correctly by launching the admin console --> click on products from the left nav --> click on DTM --> click on one of the "admin" permissions groups --> look for the mapping (shown in red below)

1220716_pastedImage_0.png

Cheers,
Jantzen

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Can you private message me your DTM company name and user email address?

You're spot on with the permissions. I think it's something to do with the permissions from DTM not matching with what's in the Admin console. It could be an issue with group mapping.

In your second screenshot, you can't see the users tab in DTM. This is likely because you aren't an Admin in DTM. This would also cause you to not be able to create the web property. In the first screenshot, I see that you belong to a few DTM groups with the name Admin on them, but that doesn't guarantee they are mapped correctly to the Admin permission.

If you want to take a look yourself, have a look at a video and knowledge base article I produced a few weeks ago (linked below). In both of these, I show how to properly set up a permissions group in the Admin Console and map it back to a DTM permission level.

Video - How To: Map a Product Configuration Group - YouTube

KB Article - Map a product configuration to a solution permissions group

You can check to see if your existing groups are mapped to DTM permissions correctly by launching the admin console --> click on products from the left nav --> click on DTM --> click on one of the "admin" permissions groups --> look for the mapping (shown in red below)

1220716_pastedImage_0.png

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 2

Hey,

Thanks a lot for this, I managed to figure it out. I hadn't realized that when creating the configuration the group that you select is a DTM permission group, thought it was an user group or something..

Level 10

Yeah, mapping product configuration groups can be a bit tricky. We're working on workflow improvements for the Admin console. I'll be sure to post in the community and likely create a YouTube video when the updates are released.

Glad I was able to help!