Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Third Party Urls in the DTM page load rule

Former Community Member

Hi All

I created a rule in dtm which is a page load rule and that rule has thirdparty url. The tag is firing fine and the third party url is working as expected but the third party url is calling another two third party url's like a chain process. Now the other two third party calls are not working. Any solution for this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

From what you've told me, It sounds like there may be a problem with the Floodlight tag. DTM is simply a tool used to deploy tags and other code to your webpage. If the initial Floodlight tag is being fired from your page, DTM appears to be doing its job. If there is a backend redirect or piggybacking on the Floodlight side, you may need to investigate that with them.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

I'm not sure I understand what isn't working. You say you've set up DTM tracking on link that directs outside your domain (third-party URL). The DTM rule sounds like it's firing since you indicated the tag is firing fine. I'm not sure what you mean by the third-party URL is calling two other third-party urls. Can you please explain or provide a link to the documentation of whatever your trying to implement?

Former Community Member

Hi,

Sorry for confusing. I created a rule in dtm which is an event based rule calls the floodlight tags. The Floodlights tag is working fine but the piggybacking to the floodlight url is not calling( which means flood light url is calling another two thirdparty calls). I think this is nothing to do with the dtm rule creating. Am I correct?

Correct answer by
Level 10

From what you've told me, It sounds like there may be a problem with the Floodlight tag. DTM is simply a tool used to deploy tags and other code to your webpage. If the initial Floodlight tag is being fired from your page, DTM appears to be doing its job. If there is a backend redirect or piggybacking on the Floodlight side, you may need to investigate that with them.

Former Community Member

Is it safe to piggyback to the floodlight tag? I would prefer not to piggyback to the floodlight tags. Please share your thoughts

Level 10

I'm not familiar enough with Floodlight to know what the recommended deployment is.