Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sequence of Firing of a Rule

Level 2

I'm trying to figure out the sequence / priority if multiple rules are configured in DTM.

For example

1. Page Load track events gets executed even if no other rule is setup.

2. Then I also have a event based rule on the same page load ( Tracking the dataelement change in the same page)

I wanted to know whether these two data will go into a single image request or separately. And if they go separately then what is the sequence.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It depends on if the first rule fires and completes before the 2nd rule fires.(Its called a race condition). If you are unsure check in your network console and look at beacon(s) and how they fire, as well as contents of each. If its a single page app tehn also look at differnt types of rules you can fire to alleviate race conditions.

GLTU

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It depends on if the first rule fires and completes before the 2nd rule fires.(Its called a race condition). If you are unsure check in your network console and look at beacon(s) and how they fire, as well as contents of each. If its a single page app tehn also look at differnt types of rules you can fire to alleviate race conditions.

GLTU