Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multiple Satellite calls

Level 2

Hello All,

​We are using adobe dtm for our analytics. When I load the page SatelliteLib file is loading once which is good But there are 19 satellite-xxxxx.js calls which are tags.. Why those tags are making separate call and why it is not included in the SatelliteLib file?

​Thanks,

​Krishna.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

those are single files which are loaded by the main satellite file. mostly they contain custom code out of your data elements (just have a look at the content of one file and you should recognize the content).

maybe it's worth a migration to Adobe Launch, you want see that many include files anymore - at least not for your custom code, inly for some extensions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

those are single files which are loaded by the main satellite file. mostly they contain custom code out of your data elements (just have a look at the content of one file and you should recognize the content).

maybe it's worth a migration to Adobe Launch, you want see that many include files anymore - at least not for your custom code, inly for some extensions.

Level 2

Thanks a lot for your help. I saw the content on the tag. And it is not using the information from the data element. How I can fix this?

Community Advisor

there is nothing "wrong" it's just the way DTM handles some custom code injection on the page. maybe you can fix it when you do not use any custom code (have a look at which data element, rules or whatever is causing trouble).

and maybe think about a migration to Launch where those snippets are in the main file...

Level 2

@ursboller thanks a lot for your reply. We are planning to move to Launch, i dont know when but we will. I noticed that those extra calls are not gzipped. Do you have any idea how they can be gzipped?

Community Advisor

don't know, but it will likely take more time to build the connection than downloading (since most of thise files are really small). means if you can get rid of one file, you might save more time for the end user that having gzip...