Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Link issues on mobile Safari (Adobe DTM / SiteCatalyst)

Level 1

Hello, I'm using Multiview tracking on my site (site is Angular based, actually dunno whether it's important)

There is no any custom complex logic, all I got from the marketing team was this snippet:

<script src="//assets.adobedtm.com/..../....js"></script> <script type="text/javascript">_satellite.pageBottom();</script>

Actually everything was fine for 3 months, but few days ago we got problems with links within the site (internal links, a.href). They are not clickable on mobile Safari anymore (iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1 and iPad with iOS 8.1). I've noticed that in order to navigate to some link I need to click it twice (quickly tap the link twice). Right now all links are broken on our site on iOS devices

I've found few topics where users had quite similar problems, and tried to disable the forced link tracking or increase the timeout

• Setting the s.forcedLinkTrackingTimeout to something like 2sec or more actually does not fix the problem, links are not clickable anyway
  • Setting the s.useForcedLinkTracking to false fixes the issue, but I dont see any tracking requests anymore when clicking the links

Seems new lib was released recently, which broke everything:

_satellite.buildDate = "2015-03-13 00:32:49 UTC"

Is there any solution to make it work on mobile Safari? Or maybe the lib should be fixed?

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Okay, so I just spoke with one of our Appmeasurement library developers, and they said that if you're able to throw together a test case that we will be able to have a look at it and make any adjustments necessary. Here's what we will want:

• A page where DTM is implemented and s.useForcedLinkTracking=true that makes links non-responsive in mobile safari
  • An identical page where DTM is implemented and s.useForcedLinkTracking=false where links work
  • Another identical page where DTM is not implemented and links also work

These could be an existing page or even a blank page with a few lines of HTML - as long as we can clearly see that the latest library build is the culprit, we'll be able to take action in fixing it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Dmytro Dmitriiev wrote...

Hello, I'm using Multiview tracking on my site (site is Angular based, actually dunno whether it's important)

There is no any custom complex logic, all I got from the marketing team was this snippet:

1. <script src="//assets.adobedtm.com/..../....js"></script>
  3. <script type="text/javascript">_satellite.pageBottom();</script>

Actually everything was fine for 3 months, but few days ago we got problems with links within the site (internal links, a.href). They are not clickable on mobile Safari anymore (iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1 and iPad with iOS 8.1). I've noticed that in order to navigate to some link I need to click it twice (quickly tap the link twice). Right now all links are broken on our site on iOS devices

I've found few topics where users had quite similar problems, and tried to disable the forced link tracking or increase the timeout

• Setting the s.forcedLinkTrackingTimeout to something like 2sec or more actually does not fix the problem, links are not clickable anyway
  • Setting the s.useForcedLinkTracking to false fixes the issue, but I dont see any tracking requests anymore when clicking the links

Seems new lib was released recently, which broke everything:

1. _satellite.buildDate = "2015-03-13 00:32:49 UTC"

Is there any solution to make it work on mobile Safari? Or maybe the lib should be fixed?

thanks in advance

I'm seeing this issue too. I find that if I set the trackDownloadLinks or trackExternal links to false, then it works (but of course then I loose link tracking). I'm limiting the impact with the following code, until I get a fix from Adobe.

s.trackDownloadLinks=navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad|iPhone|Android|IEMobile|BlackBerry/i)?false:true;;s.trackExternalLinks=navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad|iPhone|Android|IEMobile|BlackBerry/i)?false:true;

Employee Advisor

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - I'm forwarding this issue to a team to help move this forward.

Level 1

Is there any progress on it? Thanks

Employee Advisor

Okay, so I think I know what's going on. Give this article a shot:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/link_popups.html

Chrome and Safari are both webkit-based, so this article would apply to both Chrome and Safari.

Level 1

This article describes another scenario, there is nothing to do there with current issue which is about normal links, not popups

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Okay, so I just spoke with one of our Appmeasurement library developers, and they said that if you're able to throw together a test case that we will be able to have a look at it and make any adjustments necessary. Here's what we will want:

• A page where DTM is implemented and s.useForcedLinkTracking=true that makes links non-responsive in mobile safari
  • An identical page where DTM is implemented and s.useForcedLinkTracking=false where links work
  • Another identical page where DTM is not implemented and links also work

These could be an existing page or even a blank page with a few lines of HTML - as long as we can clearly see that the latest library build is the culprit, we'll be able to take action in fixing it.